Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Freezer Labels

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

Freezer Labels

by Karen/NoCA » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:25 am

These can be pricey and I use them a lot. A few years ago I discovered that Scotch Magic Tape works fantastic. I've had a regular size roll for a long time now, and a plus is that it pulls right off my freezer container leaving no icky glue for me to struggle to remove. I use a Sharpie to identify my bag, and it stays on the bag until I remove it.
no avatar
User

Ted Richards

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:00 pm

Toronto, Canada

Re: Freezer Labels

by Ted Richards » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:30 pm

I use a roll of wide masking tape and a Sharpie to label our freezer containers. Works like a charm.
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

by Karen/NoCA » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:38 pm

Good idea too....I never usually have masking tape around my kitchen. I do like the fact that the Magic tape disappears once put on the container, except for the text. Must be a girl thing. :)
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:46 pm

Karen/NoCA wrote:Good idea too....I never usually have masking tape around my kitchen. I do like the fact that the Magic tape disappears once put on the container, except for the text. Must be a girl thing. :)

I have masking tape! Lime green. Good for the freezer, but too I go to so many group events that I have to put masking tape on my stuff to make the dishwashers know who to send them home with. Nobody else has green. :mrgreen:
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov