The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

TN: Not a cocktail - Lapierre "Raisins Gaulois"

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

wnissen

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:16 pm

Livermore, CA

TN: Not a cocktail - Lapierre "Raisins Gaulois"

by wnissen » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:47 am

I was somewhat confused what to do when faced with the prospect of no cocktail to make and photograph. It seemed almost too easy to open the cellar, pull out a fully assembled beverage, and drink it. What garnish was I supposed to use, anyway?

• 2012 Marcel Lapierre Raisins Gaulois - France, Vin de France (11/4/2013)
    As if any more poster children were needed for why the AOC system is broken, but why is this a humble "Vin de France"? It's wonderful. Not complex, and showing obvious carbonic maceration, but it is so precise and has such a nice finish. Excellent with both salmon and burgers, and an excellent value. Very Good.
Posted from CellarTracker
Walter Nissen
no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

Re: TN: Not a cocktail - Lapierre "Raisins Gaulois"

by Dale Williams » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:21 am

I also enjoy the Raisins Gaulois. Has there been a change in regs re Vin de France to allow vintages? The old Vin de table du France couldn't list, Lapierre always used Roman numerals (MMXI was last vintage I think I tried)
no avatar
User

wnissen

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:16 pm

Livermore, CA

Re: TN: Not a cocktail - Lapierre "Raisins Gaulois"

by wnissen » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:37 am

Dale Williams wrote:I also enjoy the Raisins Gaulois. Has there been a change in regs re Vin de France to allow vintages? The old Vin de table du France couldn't list, Lapierre always used Roman numerals (MMXI was last vintage I think I tried)

I don't know exactly, but I understand there's been some loosening of the rules about putting a vintage on VdT.
Walter Nissen