The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Night Corton

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

WTN: Night Corton

by David M. Bueker » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:10 am

2004 Louis Jadot Corton-Pougets Domaine des Héritiers Louis Jadot - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Corton Grand Cru (11/6/2013)
Opened with the attendant trepidation that surrounds 2004, but very pleasantly surprised. The dominant theme of the wine was red fruit and cinnamon, with little of the green herbs but lots of tannin. Still excruciatingly young, but promising.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Richard Fadeley OLD

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue May 09, 2006 10:42 pm

Re: WTN: Night Corton

by Richard Fadeley OLD » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:01 pm

David M. Bueker wrote:Opened with the attendant trepidation that surrounds 2004, but very pleasantly surprised.

With regard to the '04's, have you seen Bill Nanson's theory on the problem? http://www.burgundy-report.com/autumn-2 ... occinelle/
He blames a huge outbreak of ladybugs that year for the "green" aromas of the vintage. He sounds pretty convincing, and seems to be concerned about the same problem in '11. I guess after the great run we've had from '05 to '10 it is about time for a return to normalcy.
Richard Fadeley, CWS
aka Webwineman
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: Night Corton

by David M. Bueker » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:28 pm

Seen it? I have been beaten over the head with it for 5 years on the web. Since it cannot be proven I pay it little mind.
Decisions are made by those who show up