Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Almost makes me wish I liked chocolate

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Almost makes me wish I liked chocolate

by Jenise » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:43 pm

Almost!

Our local indie movie theater does some really cool stuff!

When Bean to Bar, local filmmaker Bob Ridgley's documentary about artisan chocolate makers, came to PFC during Doctober - the response was so enthusiastic! The screening sold out in a flash to folks traveling from near and far to partake in a plethora of chocolate sampling from a selection of Washington chocolate makers. Vendors were giving away freshly made liqueur truffles, chocolate themed beauty products and some even featured bars which were competing in the world finals.

At the close of the screening in October, audiences left the theater raving about the film. Requests for an encore have been pouring in, and we're proud to announce that we're bringing it back! Join us this Saturday, December 7 for a Bean to Bar encore - this time with a Holiday twist! The film will begin at 5pm, with a pre-screening reception starting at 4pm. We will be giving away a selection of rare chocolate bars from around the world, and a variety of chocolate makers will again be present - this time with gift baskets and delicious stocking supplies ready for the tree - so come prepared to shop. The Community Food Co-op will also be there with bars available for a donation, which will go to the Bellingham Food Bank, who are working hard to spreading the holiday cheer further throughout our community. Read on for more information, including details about our rare giveaways... hope to see you there!
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Mike Filigenzi

Rank

Known for his fashionable hair

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Sacramento, CA

Re: Almost makes me wish I liked chocolate

by Mike Filigenzi » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:42 pm

Giving away chocolate? If that happened around here, it would make Black Friday at Walmart look calm and refined. :wink:

Sounds great!
"People who love to eat are always the best people"

- Julia Child
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:48 am

This theater does really neat things. Several times a year, for instance, they join forces with the most upscale of local caterers, Ciao Thyme, to do Dinner & A Movie nights. I missed this year's Babette's Feast, but I do have January tickets for Mostly Martha. And these are big deal events--costs $125 per person and they sell out the day they're announced which is six months in advance.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Mike Filigenzi

Rank

Known for his fashionable hair

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Sacramento, CA

by Mike Filigenzi » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Jenise wrote:This theater does really neat things. Several times a year, for instance, they join forces with the most upscale of local caterers, Ciao Thyme, to do Dinner & A Movie nights. I missed this year's Babette's Feast, but I do have January tickets for Mostly Martha. And these are big deal events--costs $125 per person and they sell out the day they're announced which is six months in advance.

I'll be curious to hear how that goes. It sounds like a blast!
"People who love to eat are always the best people"

- Julia Child
no avatar
User

Jeff Grossman

Rank

That 'pumpkin' guy

Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:56 am

NYC

by Jeff Grossman » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:29 pm

Who knew you could make a whole show from the dumb little song?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXpLBmBlsS0

:wink: