Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Farmed and Dangerous

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Farmed and Dangerous

by Jenise » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:04 pm

Anyone watching? Bob (ex oil company employee and reformed Texan) and I just howled through the trailer.

http://farmedanddangerous.com/
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Mark Lipton

Rank

Oenochemist

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:18 pm

Indiana

Re: Farmed and Dangerous

by Mark Lipton » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:06 pm

Jenise wrote:Anyone watching? Bob (ex oil company employee and reformed Texan) and I just howled through the trailer.

http://farmedanddangerous.com/

Jean and I just saw an ad for this when lunching at Chipotle on a road trip last weekend. She thought it was a joke; I thought that it would be a serious anti-factory farming video. I guess now I'll have to look at the trailer....

Mark Lipton
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:07 pm

I don't know whether to laugh or cry! :lol: Or to be skeptical because it comes from Fast Food Nation, even the relatively benign Chipotle.
no avatar
User

Mark Lipton

Rank

Oenochemist

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:18 pm

Indiana

by Mark Lipton » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:33 pm

I'd call it vaguely humorous. I suppose that they're trying to leaven their anti-agribusiness message with humor, but it only partially succeeds for me. My sense of humor, though, is so far out of the American mainstream as to be irrelevant to the discussion.

Mark Lipton