The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Wednesday Chat

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

Wednesday Chat

by James Roscoe » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:24 pm

It is chat night. It starts too late for me, but the rest of you young ones go ahead and enjoy yourselves. Chat gets started around 9:30 PM for those on the east coast, 8:30 PM for those of you in Chicago and 7:30 in other parts of fly over country such as Denver. I guess that means 6:30 PM on the left coast. If my calculations are correct everyone in NZ needs to join us at 2:30 PM Thursday and Australia at 12:30 PM on Thursday for those in Sydney and eastern Oz. It will be an ungodly 4:30 AM in Israel and Helsinki, 3:30 AM in Paris, and Berlin, and 2:30 AM in London. Of course it is all worth the sleep deprivation. Come in early and see who is here. Don't be late!!!!! (I hope I have the time changes down.If not, let me know!)

The fun starts HERE!!!!
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

Re: Wednesday Chat

by Bob Henrick » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:05 pm

I am still not able to get in the chatroom (java trouble) and I think the culprit might be related to the java plugin. I only have IE and FireFox and can't manage to get in with either.
Bob Henrick
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:57 pm

No problems with my Java and FF Bob. Sorry that you are missing chat.
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Lexington, Ky.

by Bob Henrick » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:15 am

James Roscoe wrote:No problems with my Java and FF Bob. Sorry that you are missing chat.

James, do you know how I can get and activate the java plugin for FF? I've been trying for about 2 weeks now with no success. It seems that I've helped others get in, but can't help myself.
Bob Henrick
no avatar
User

Howie Hart

Rank

The Hart of Buffalo

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:13 pm

Niagara Falls, NY

by Howie Hart » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:47 am

Bob - if you have an older version of Java, un-install it and install the older version. I've been using an out-of date version for 2 years. You have to click on the "Run This Time" option.
Chico - Hey! This Bottle is empty!
Groucho - That's because it's dry Champagne.
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Lexington, Ky.

by Bob Henrick » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:50 pm

Howie Hart wrote:Bob - if you have an older version of Java, un-install it and install the older version. I've been using an out-of date version for 2 years. You have to click on the "Run This Time" option.

Howie, I have blown out Java 7U51 which is the latest version of Java, and then I have downloaded version 7U45. I can't get into FF with java because I lack the Java plugin for FF. I have tried over and over so many times that I am about ready to stop trying. if it weren't for my friends on WLDG like you, I probably would just walk away. Thanks for the suggestion.
Bob Henrick
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Lexington, Ky.

by Bob Henrick » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:13 pm

For all who might be having a problem getting into chat, look at your java control panel and insure that java is enabled. To do that first go to the windows control panel, then click on java, this brings up the java control panel. Then click on security and there is a little block att he top that needs to be clicked if it is empty. this will do the trick. This is for FireFox, since FF has decided that java is unsafe and you will need to let them do what they know is best, or do the above. Sheesh!
Bob Henrick