The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: EdmundsStJohn Heart of Gold '13..(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: EdmundsStJohn Heart of Gold '13..(short/boring)

by TomHill » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:50 am

Pobega'd this last night:
1. EdmundsStJohn Heart of Gold ElDoradoCnty WTW (11.9%; 61% Vermentino/39% GrenacheBlanc) ThumbnailMoonlight/Fairplay 2013: Pale yellow color; very perfumey/fragrant/floral/carnations/Vermentino light earthy/stony quite lovely nose; fairly tart bit earthy/stony very perfumed/fragrant floral/carnations/mango very pretty flavor; long some earthy/stony/dusty/ElDorado terroir very floral/carnations/dandelions/spicy lovely finish; much like the Ryme Vermentino but more perfumed and more stony; speaks strongly of Rolle and strongly of ElDorado terroir; a really lovely/drinkable/pretty white at a very fair price. $23.00
1. I hate wines like this. I opened it when I started cooking dinner. I'd take a drink and think: "Damn that's good". And then take anuther pour. By the time I sat down to eat, more than half the btl was gone. Danged if I can figure out where it all went to!! :-)
2. Screwtop: Steve usually btls his whites in a Stelvin closure. I grasped the waist of the btl & started unscrewing. I turned & turned and the entire capsule turned buut refused to come off. I realized I'd stripped the threads on the top. So I had to get out a box cutter (the retractable ones...like they use to hijack airplanes) and carefully cut the top from the collar. Then cut my finger trying to get the screwtop off from the jagged edge. When you open these btls, it's probably important to grip the collar of the screwcap before twisting off the top. Will practice this technique on anuther btl tonight.
Tom
no avatar
User

Steve Kirsch

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:53 pm

Detroit, MI

Steve! Do you believe this guy?

by Steve Kirsch » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:20 pm

TomHill wrote:EdmundsStJohn Heart of Gold ElDoradoCnty WTW 2013

I hate wines like this.
no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

Hey...Hey

by TomHill » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:43 pm

Steve Kirsch wrote:
TomHill wrote:EdmundsStJohn Heart of Gold ElDoradoCnty WTW 2013

I hate wines like this.

Hey...Hey. I'm only allocated one pallet of this wine each year. You're gonna get my allocation cut, Steve. :lol:
Tom
no avatar
User

Rahsaan

Rank

Wild and Crazy Guy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm

New York, NY

Re: WTN: EdmundsStJohn Heart of Gold '13..(short/boring)

by Rahsaan » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:46 pm

TomHill wrote: EdmundsStJohn Heart of Gold 2013: I opened it when I started cooking dinner. I'd take a drink and think: "Damn that's good". And then take anuther pour. By the time I sat down to eat, more than half the btl was gone. Danged if I can figure out where it all went to!! :-)

I had a bottle of this with Steve before dinner, at a restaurant. And we had pretty much the same results before the first course arrived!
no avatar
User

SteveEdmunds

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:05 am

Berkeley, CA

Re: WTN: EdmundsStJohn Heart of Gold '13..(short/boring)

by SteveEdmunds » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:51 pm

we DID share it with Claude, though...
I don't know just how I'm supposed to play this scene, but I ain't afraid to learn...