The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Party behavior

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Randy Buckner

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:46 am

Puget Sound

Re: Party behavior

by Randy Buckner » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:56 pm

I recently spent a happy evening as 'Horace', the real Horace not having showed.

No one noticed since you didn't shave that day... :shock: :shock: :shock:
no avatar
User

Randy Buckner

Rank

Wine guru

Puget Sound

by Randy Buckner » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:59 pm

Bucko, when you gonna take this pork chop from my neck??? Bucko sit, stay, be quiet...

You feel something warm on your pants? (lowering left leg and scurrying off)
no avatar
User

Howie Hart

Rank

The Hart of Buffalo

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:13 pm

Niagara Falls, NY

by Howie Hart » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:55 pm

Sometimes I need a name tag just so I can remember who I am. I was once mistaken for someone who gave a $***. :roll:
no avatar
User

Covert

Rank

NOT David Caruso

Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:17 pm

Albany, New York

by Covert » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:56 pm

Jenise wrote: And I've only been to one adult party in my life where there were such things.

Serves me right, I guess. I go to one party in 30 years (again, not counting wine tasting dinners) and whammo. So what are the odds that I got the only ringer in the county? What better reason to move the hell out of here. Seriously. It dawned on Lynn and me that there is absolutely no reason to live here in suburbia anymore. It made sense when we were commuting a short distance to work every day. I work out of my house and Lynn doesn't work, so why not live in Dorset, Vermont, or some other quaint place, where there might be some interesting people, even if they wear flannel shirts or dress in drag?
no avatar
User

Randy Buckner

Rank

Wine guru

Puget Sound

by Randy Buckner » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:12 pm

or dress in drag

Oh, I see you've met Yanigner....
no avatar
User

Neil Courtney

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:39 pm

Auckland, New Zealand

by Neil Courtney » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:12 pm

Covert wrote:I work out of my house and Lynn doesn't work, so why not live in Dorset, Vermont, or some other quaint place, where there might be some interesting people, even if they wear flannel shirts or dress in drag?

I can highly recommend moving out of the suburbs and onto a small holding. We have been sharing out 8 acres with a bunch of sheep and some chickens for about 12 years now. Have not regretted not having to look into the neighbor's kitchen window from ours. And still be only a short taxi ride if we want to indulge at friends or eateries.
Cheers,
Neil Courtney

'Wine improves with age. The older I get, the better I like it.' --- Anonymous.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:29 pm

I work out of my house and Lynn doesn't work, so why not live in Dorset, Vermont, or some other quaint place, where there might be some interesting people, even if they wear flannel shirts or dress in drag?

I highly endorse this. And frankly, I think people who wear flannel shirts and dress in drag have the potential to be more interesting than average. When you're neither raising children nor retired nor trying to get ahead in the traditional sense, there's little to be stay put just because you've always been there. A change of scenery is invigorating--but then, I could move every couple of years. I love all the discovery and excitement of a new place.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:30 pm

Randy Buckner wrote:
I recently spent a happy evening as 'Horace', the real Horace not having showed.

No one noticed since you didn't shave that day... :shock: :shock: :shock:

I would have sworn it was the suspenders and the cigar.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
Previous