The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Who love Portuguese wine ???

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

federico.balestra

Rank

Just got here

Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:14 am

Who love Portuguese wine ???

by federico.balestra » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:25 am

Hi There

who love portuguese wine and what your fav ?

Kind Regards
no avatar
User

Brian K Miller

Rank

Passionate Arboisphile

Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:05 am

Northern California

Re: Who love Portuguese wine ???

by Brian K Miller » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:27 pm

Welcome, Federico.

I love Potugese whites myself. Especially the crisp, minerally ones. Can't remember my favorite one's name, though. :(
...(Humans) are unique in our capacity to construct realities at utter odds with reality. Dogs dream and dolphins imagine, but only humans are deluded. –Jacob Bacharach
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:02 pm

Federico, you are talking to the right people here. In my case, I assist in a wine store where the co-owner is from Portugal so a huge selection. In fact we have a Portal tasting on Thursday with the export director.
In my cellar, I usually feature CARM, Crasto, Portal, Encostas, Campolargo, Esperao, Vale d`Maria.

Welcome and look forward to your insights!
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:09 pm

Bob Parsons Alberta wrote:Federico, you are talking to the right people here. In my case, I assist in a wine store where the co-owner is from Portugal so a huge selection. In fact we have a Portal tasting on Thursday with the export director.
In my cellar, I usually feature CARM, Crasto, Portal, Encostas, Campolargo, Esperao, Vale d`Maria.

Welcome and look forward to your insights!

Bob, do you run unto one Manny Ferreira? He lives and works out of BC (was Vancouver, but he relocated to the Okanagan a few years back), and is a fairly prolific importer ofPortugese wines to Canada. You can tell by the name, he's also Portugese.

Re Portugese wines in general, we recently discovered a house called Fronteira. I recently purchased some for our cellar.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

JC (NC)

Rank

Lifelong Learner

Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:23 pm

Fayetteville, NC

by JC (NC) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:18 pm

I like Tawny Ports and enjoyed a lighthearted effervescent rose' wine that Nancy Agasi introduced to us at a wine dinner in Raleigh a few years ago, the 2011 Muralhas de Moncao Rose', Vinho Verde, Portugal. I have to say the 2011 Cockburn vintage Porto is very nice but vintage ports are not something I typically buy--cost, optimum cellaring for decades, and I prefer the Tawny Ports anyway.