Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

IOTM: Onion, Cannellini, Tuna salad

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Christina Georgina

Rank

Wisconsin Wondercook

Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:37 pm

IOTM: Onion, Cannellini, Tuna salad

by Christina Georgina » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:30 pm

That's all it is. I believe it was mentioned in another post. Couldn't be more simple.
A can of good tuna in olive oil, double the amount of cannellini - and here I prefer to cook my own because you are never sure of the consistency of canned. Thinly sliced red onion [ I prefer to deflame the onion slices in cold water for a few minutes at this time of year ]. Minced parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Depending on how I feel, some wine vinegar or not.
Great alone or as part of a salad composee with other vegetables.
Mamma Mia !
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Onion, Cannellini, Tuna salad

by Jenise » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:50 pm

Yum! This reminds me of a salad my mother made when I was a kid that I'd totally forgotten about. She used red kidney beans (cannellini are often called "white kidney" and also added celery, but otherwise, this is the combination.

This settles the question of what I'm having for lunch--I've got some great local tuna packed in olive oil.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: IOTM: Onion, Cannellini, Tuna salad

by Jenise » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:27 pm

Lunch is ready to eat. This is so GOOOOOOOOD! Just like mom used to make, only much much better tuna.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov