Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

eggs and computers

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Thomas

Rank

Senior Flamethrower

Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:23 pm

eggs and computers

by Thomas » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:36 pm

The problem with computers is that you cannot navigate the Internet while shelling and eating hard-boiled eggs. I just tried it--impossible.

Tell you the truth, I find it hard to do anything while eating--even reading. Have to concentrate on the food and always like digging both hands into the process. My wife eats with one hand so that she can devour the food and a book!

Anyone else suffer from my "limitation?"
Thomas P
no avatar
User

Ian Sutton

Rank

Spanna in the works

Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:10 pm

Norwich, UK

Re: eggs and computers

by Ian Sutton » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:57 pm

I seem to be able to co-ordinate drinking wine with food (a genuine multi-tasker I am) :wink:
no avatar
User

Thomas

Rank

Senior Flamethrower

by Thomas » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:32 pm

Well, I failed to say that when I refer to eating and or food, wine is always part of the two-fisted event...(only sometime at breakfast)
Thomas P
no avatar
User

Howie Hart

Rank

The Hart of Buffalo

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:13 pm

Niagara Falls, NY

by Howie Hart » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:54 pm

I can eat chicken wings while watching football or hockey.
no avatar
User

Thomas

Rank

Senior Flamethrower

by Thomas » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:25 pm

A place to throw the bones, I suppose--at the screen. Do you have a remote implanted in your head???
Thomas P
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

by Karen/NoCA » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:51 pm

For Breakfast, I seem to be able to eat, read the paper, watch Good Morning America, and talk with my husband. At lunch, I read the second newspaper, eat, and watch that Napa Chef, Michael C. Of course, women are known to be great at multi-tasking!

Dinner is about the same, eat, watch Jeopardy, chase the dog out of the kitchen, carry on a conversation and drink wine! Easy!
Never eat near my computer.
no avatar
User

Thomas

Rank

Senior Flamethrower

by Thomas » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:00 pm

Karen/NoCA wrote:For Breakfast, I seem to be able to eat, read the paper, watch Good Morning America, and talk with my husband. At lunch, I read the second newspaper, eat, and watch that Napa Chef, Michael C. Of course, women are known to be great at multi-tasking!

Dinner is about the same, eat, watch Jeopardy, chase the dog out of the kitchen, carry on a conversation and drink wine! Easy!

But do you use utensils? No joke. That's what usually hangs me up. Have to keep putting them down, picking them up to trun the page--hate that. hate it even more when I am eating chicken wings smothered in stuff...

Your are right: never eat near the computer--impossible. I once spilled a glass of water on a laptop keyboard--wasted the thing completely.
Thomas P
no avatar
User

Howie Hart

Rank

The Hart of Buffalo

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:13 pm

Niagara Falls, NY

by Howie Hart » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:02 pm

Thomas wrote:A place to throw the bones, I suppose--at the screen. Do you have a remote implanted in your head???
Remote?? I have to walk across the room and turn the dial. :shock:
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

by Karen/NoCA » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:05 pm

Thomas wrote:
Karen/NoCA wrote:For Breakfast, I seem to be able to eat, read the paper, watch Good Morning America, and talk with my husband. At lunch, I read the second newspaper, eat, and watch that Napa Chef, Michael C. Of course, women are known to be great at multi-tasking!

But do you use utensils? No joke. That's what usually hangs me up. Have to keep putting them down, picking them up to trun the page--hate that. hate it even more when I am eating chicken wings smothered in stuff...

Your are right: never eat near the computer--impossible. I once spilled a glass of water on a laptop keyboard--wasted the thing completely.

Yes, I use the usual forks, spoons, knives.....usually with my right hand, flip pages with the left. Can still ready while cutting my meat. This is too funny.....how old are we??????
no avatar
User

Martha Mc

Rank

Wine geek

Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:17 am

by Martha Mc » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:41 am

As a natural right-hander who was taught to write with my left hand, I can eat and work the crossword puzzle. Of course, I read, too, while eating. And I've been known to prop a book open with the salad plate to be able to read and eat two-fisted when necessary!
no avatar
User

Thomas

Rank

Senior Flamethrower

by Thomas » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:50 pm

Martha Mc wrote:As a natural right-hander who was taught to write with my left hand, I can eat and work the crossword puzzle. Of course, I read, too, while eating. And I've been known to prop a book open with the salad plate to be able to read and eat two-fisted when necessary!

I try, but you should see what the reading material looks like when I am through. Each one takes on the patina of the meal that had been in my plate. ;)
Thomas P
no avatar
User

TimMc

by TimMc » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:24 am

Thomas wrote:The problem with computers is that you cannot navigate the Internet while shelling and eating hard-boiled eggs. I just tried it--impossible.

Tell you the truth, I find it hard to do anything while eating--even reading. Have to concentrate on the food and always like digging both hands into the process. My wife eats with one hand so that she can devour the food and a book!

Anyone else suffer from my "limitation?"

Eggs on computers might pose a problem...