The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Wine Focus for August 2017: Argentina

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

Re: Wine Focus for August 2017: Argentina

by Dale Williams » Thu May 17, 2018 12:26 pm

Tom NJ wrote:In my (relative) youth I used to drink a lot of Cab Sauv from Navarro Correas, which I thought was a terrific wine for the money back then. It's been many years since I've seen it on the shelves, though. Anyone know if they're still exporting to the US?

EDIT: for some reason this topic showed up at the top of the list of topics, even though it's almost a year old. I didn't look at the date, so thought it was the current Wine Focus (for May '18). Sorry!

Although I wouldn't mind if someone answered my question, you understand :oops:

I believe moderators removed a spam post for an Argentine winery which had put this back on top. You are NOT nuts (or if you are, that's not why you posted)

I remember Navarro Correas. I think a Parker best buy back in the day, quite inexpensive, price wise in same category as the original Borsao. Haven't seen in years (last note I can find of mine was 2003 of the 1999 "Limited Release" (limited probably means only 50K cases). WS Pro shows it available in Tx and upstate NY, but not wide distribution. Their Malbec is at some Totals.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Thu May 17, 2018 1:05 pm

Dale Williams wrote:
Tom NJ wrote:In my (relative) youth I used to drink a lot of Cab Sauv from Navarro Correas, which I thought was a terrific wine for the money back then. It's been many years since I've seen it on the shelves, though. Anyone know if they're still exporting to the US?

EDIT: for some reason this topic showed up at the top of the list of topics, even though it's almost a year old. I didn't look at the date, so thought it was the current Wine Focus (for May '18). Sorry!

Although I wouldn't mind if someone answered my question, you understand :oops:

I believe moderators removed a spam post for an Argentine winery which had put this back on top. You are NOT nuts (or if you are, that's not why you posted)

I remember Navarro Correas. I think a Parker best buy back in the day, quite inexpensive, price wise in same category as the original Borsao. Haven't seen in years (last note I can find of mine was 2003 of the 1999 "Limited Release" (limited probably means only 50K cases). WS Pro shows it available in Tx and upstate NY, but not wide distribution. Their Malbec is at some Totals.

For clarification: Yes, this moderator surgically nuked the spam. :twisted:

Second: Even the formal Wine Focus has ended, it's never out of line to resurrect one for a good reason. I remember Navarro Correas too. (And keep your eyes open ... we might be looking at South-of-the-border wines next month. :D )
no avatar
User

Tom NJ

Rank

That awful Tom fellow

Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:06 pm

Northerm NJ, USA

by Tom NJ » Thu May 17, 2018 5:14 pm

Dale Williams wrote:I believe moderators removed a spam post for an Argentine winery which had put this back on top. You are NOT nuts (or if you are, that's not why you posted)

Thanks for that, Dale. If I find myself upstate, I'll pop into a few places and see if I can spot one. (Not malbecs, though. Still haven't acquired a taste.)

Oh, and thanks for commenting on my nuts :D
"He ordered as one to the Menu born...."
no avatar
User

Tom NJ

Rank

That awful Tom fellow

Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:06 pm

Northerm NJ, USA

by Tom NJ » Thu May 17, 2018 5:15 pm

Robin Garr wrote:For clarification: Yes, this moderator surgically nuked the spam. :twisted:

Second: Even the formal Wine Focus has ended, it's never out of line to resurrect one for a good reason. I remember Navarro Correas too. (And keep your eyes open ... we might be looking at South-of-the-border wines next month. :D )

You are cruel moderator, but fair. Well done.

Thanks, Robin :D
"He ordered as one to the Menu born...."
Previous