The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: EdmundsStJohn Bone-Jolly Gamay '14...(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: EdmundsStJohn Bone-Jolly Gamay '14...(short/boring)

by TomHill » Mon May 21, 2018 12:41 pm

Tried this w/ Susan this weekend:
1. EdmundsStJohn Bone-Jolly GamayNoir ElDoradoCnty (12.6%; www.EdmundsStJohn.com) Thumbnail Moonlight/Fairplay 2014: Med.light ruby/garnet color w/ some bricking; very fragrant/perfumed strawberry/Gamay/flowery light earthy/ElDorado/mushroomy lovely nose; fairly tart very floral/strawberry/Gamay/spicy light earthy/ElDorado spicy/bright Bojo-like flavor w/ very light smooth tannins; very long bright/strawberry/Gamay/spicy light earthy/ElDorado finish w/ light gentle tannins; nothing profound but an absolutely lip-smackin' good drinkin' wine.
1. I had put this in the freezer the night before to chill it down & bit and forgot it. The next morning, it was frozen solid w/ the screw-cap seal cracked. Took it out & let it thaw. Was looking for the tell-tale signature of a frozen wine but could not find one. The freezing may have dropped a bit of the color...don't know.
Tom
no avatar
User

SteveEdmunds

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:05 am

Berkeley, CA

Re: WTN: EdmundsStJohn Bone-Jolly Gamay '14...(short/boring)

by SteveEdmunds » Tue May 22, 2018 11:23 am

leave it to a rocket scientist to come up with a new way to bring out the best in a wine! :P
I don't know just how I'm supposed to play this scene, but I ain't afraid to learn...