The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Nauti Buoy

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: Nauti Buoy

by Jenise » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:39 pm

2020 Hard Row to Hoe Nauti Buoy Lake Chelan White Blend
Winemaker Judy's son is now working with her and this cleverly named but serious white is one of his creations. Approximately 90/10 reisling/gewurz, it has above-average body with layered summer fruits, loads of minerality and a pleasingly dry, spicy finish. I'm not a fan of gewurz, but I'm a fan of this!
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: Nauti Buoy

by David M. Bueker » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:15 pm

So nice you posted twice!

Riesling/Gewurz blend sounds interesting if only from the aromatic standpoint.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:53 pm

A point, I've since learned from the person that brought this that they erred on the constituency, the gewurz part is only 10%, not 20%. I didn't find it much on the aroma or entry (but we were outside, it was breezy) but the ginger slipped in just in time to add spice to the finish. The minerality kept everything on an even keel. I am fairly certain you'd like it. If Matthiasson were to make a Washington white, they'd make one like this.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:20 pm

Jenise wrote:A point, I've since learned from the person that brought this that they erred on the constituency, the gewurz part is only 10%, not 20%. I didn't find it much on the aroma or entry (but we were outside, it was breezy) but the ginger slipped in just in time to add spice to the finish. The minerality kept everything on an even keel. I am fairly certain you'd like it. If Matthiasson were to make a Washington white, they'd make one like this.

Drop the Riesling 30% and replace that with Ribolla Gialla, and maybe Matthiasson would make that.
Decisions are made by those who show up