The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

2006 Port Harvest trips ... come join me!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Roy Hersh

Rank

Wine geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:12 pm

Sammamish, WA

2006 Port Harvest trips ... come join me!

by Roy Hersh » Sat May 13, 2006 2:37 pm

There's no secret that I love Port. Although I have been to Portugal numerous times, I have never been there during the harvest. Why is that so special? Well, I am dying to get into the granite lagares and tread on grapes with my bare feet. Something about that Lucy episode I can never get out of my head.

In all seriousness, this is going to be a fun time. You don't have to be a Port expert to appreciate these tours ... of which there are two, a five day and a six day program, visiting different properties. I will be there to lead these explorations along with my Portuguese friend, Mario Ferreira who used to work for the Port Wine Institute as their liaison to the USA (he lived in NYC & SF). We will ensure that you get to visit places, meet the owners and winemakers and drink some incredible wines that our hosts don't normally break out ... all of which would be next to impossible to do on your own.

We'll start out in Oporto, Portugal's second city and the place known for Port and cross the river to Vila Nova de Gaia to visit a bunch of Port Lodges (where the wine is blended, bottled and ages) and then head up river to the Alto Douro to the vineyards. The Douro is one of the most impressive appellations in the world of wine and known for its infinite beauty.

You are assured of a fun time! Not only that, but we guarantee you will learn something about wine, winemaking, Port and even Douro table wines too. You will be treated to a first-class experience and as members of the WLDG, it would be fun to have a bunch of us all treading those grapes in the Douro at the same time. I can also promise you will have some of the best dining experiences offered in the country!

Want more details ... please have a look: http://www.fortheloveofport.com/travel.htm

If you are interested in joining us, please email me: roy@fortheloveofport.com and we can then talk by phone.

Muito obrigado!

Roy

P.S. This coming week, Robin will be posting my article on our last tour, visiting the Douro (as well as links to the earlier part of the trip to Vila Nova de Gaia and Oporto). This will provide some excellent insight and you'll see what kind of experience we are offering! :D
no avatar
User

Roy Hersh

Rank

Wine geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:12 pm

Sammamish, WA

Re: 2006 Port Harvest trips ... come join me!

by Roy Hersh » Sun May 21, 2006 6:13 am

Ok, I can take a hint. :D