Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Memphis in May International Barbecue Contest

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

ChefCarey

Memphis in May International Barbecue Contest

by ChefCarey » Tue May 16, 2006 12:46 pm

Yeah, I know pretentious name, however there are hundreds of teams competing and the prizes are substantial.

Last years I did demos Thursday, Friday and Saturday for GMC - amid a fleet of Hummers and Denalis. They bought me the top of the line gas grill for the demos. I'll be doing it again - on gas. (Shudder.) I do demos at 12:00, 2:00, and 4:00 those three days. And they have my cookbooks there for sale and, of course, I'll write any lies people want in them.

This year we're (I'm taking my students with me) doing grilled pizza topped with smoked chicken and roasted poblanos.

If any of you are around, drop by. :)
no avatar
User

Mike Filigenzi

Rank

Known for his fashionable hair

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Sacramento, CA

Re: Memphis in May International Barbecue Contest

by Mike Filigenzi » Tue May 16, 2006 2:05 pm

Dang!! My wife just e-mailed me to say that our copy of Chef On Fire arrived this morning. Now if I could only get to Memphis.....

Mike
"People who love to eat are always the best people"

- Julia Child
no avatar
User

ChefCarey

Re: Memphis in May International Barbecue Contest

by ChefCarey » Tue May 16, 2006 6:46 pm

Mike Filigenzi (Sacto) wrote:Dang!! My wife just e-mailed me to say that our copy of Chef On Fire arrived this morning. Now if I could only get to Memphis.....

Mike

If you manage to make it, wear a carnation in your lapel so I'll recognize you - they'll be 90,000 people there. :)