The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

TN: rcnt stff

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Mark S

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:28 pm

CNY

TN: rcnt stff

by Mark S » Fri May 19, 2006 9:52 am

Leroy, Volnay,'Clos des Chênes', 1998
Color a light, faded cherryskin red. Spicy cherry wood nose, along with some menthol, there's cherrybark in the mouth with spicy cloves, wood hints, and a tannic little spine, but not enough to interfere with enjoyment. Decent drinking, without any pretensions towards greatness. B+

Dorado, Sub-regiào de Monção, Alvarinho, 2003
A bright white gold color. Crystalline mineral nose. Minerals and fresh lime zest with a short finish. Lip smacking acid finish, with a slight bitter dimension and pear eau-de-vie there. For those who like cutting fresh lemons and sucking on them. Good, but for $20, not the best QPR. B+

Elena Walch, Alto Adige, Lagrein, 2001 Dark purplish red. Like sticking your nose in a basket of fresh-picked plums. Fresh plum and black cherry milkshake stirred with a candy licorice stick, dusty tannins on the finish. Refreshing as Black Cherry Koolaid® without the added sugar. This has 'drink me' written all over it. B+

Charles Joguet, Chinon, 'Cuvee de la cure', 2002
Light electric red colored. A simple black raspberry-cherry bark wine, not something to ponder over, but to enjoy. Lively and refreshing, but not one for the cellar (maybe 3 years out, max?). B+
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: TN: rcnt stff

by Jenise » Fri May 19, 2006 12:44 pm

Thought the same thing of the Cuvee de la Cure. Love your descriptor "electric red", btw; had a wine the other day where words failed me on naming the color, but 'electric red' was it.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov