Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

My new kitchen toy...

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Barb Freda

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:04 am

Weston, Florida

My new kitchen toy...

by Barb Freda » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:04 am

I've owned an immersion blender forever...but I bought it for $20 long ago...so when I read CI's write up and recommendation of the Kitchenaid for $50? I had to have it...sold out most spots (well, not the fancy one with extra attachements for another $30), I found a brand new one for sale on Ebay..just got it and LOVE it...

It's got speed settings and the blender part detaches from the body and can be washed in the dishwasher...Plus it's metal, so it won't wilt when I plunge into a hot pot of soup for pureeing (my cheapie one was kinda an oval from just such use...)

Good tools...love 'em.

B
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: My new kitchen toy...

by Robin Garr » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:08 am

I ... must ... have ... one ...

Got a link to a picture or article about one, Barb?
no avatar
User

Barb Freda

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:04 am

Weston, Florida

by Barb Freda » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:29 am

Here's the Link
http://www.kitchenaid.com/catalog/produ ... ductId=405

Dag nabbit, I just figured out how to insert a nice link in the other forum...If what I did doesn't work, here:

http://www.kitchenaid.com/catalog/produ ... ductId=405
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:37 am

Barb, it's too easy! Just write the link. Either the www. or the http:// will make it a hotlink. You don't need to use the "URL" tags at all unless you want to make a nice pretty embedded link.

Dag Nabbit!? Nice use of Southern slang for a Pennsylvania girl ...
User

Randy Buckner

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:46 pm

Puget Sound

by Randy Buckner » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:37 pm

Barb Freda wrote:I've owned an immersion blender forever...but I bought it for $20 long ago...so when I read CI's write up and recommendation of the Kitchenaid for $50? I had to have it...sold out most spots (well, not the fancy one with extra attachements for another $30), I found a brand new one for sale on Ebay..just got it and LOVE it...

It's got speed settings and the blender part detaches from the body and can be washed in the dishwasher...Plus it's metal, so it won't wilt when I plunge into a hot pot of soup for pureeing (my cheapie one was kinda an oval from just such use...)

Good tools...love 'em.

B

We have a Cuisinart that I just love -- great for sauces and gravies. Same detachable body for easy cleaning.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

I've got one of the first Brauns...

by Jenise » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:12 pm

...when it was actually a German company, that is. It's hurkier than the newer ones, and once I dropped it and permanently repaired the crack with a flexible C clamp. Looks like hell in other words, but it's a loyal old dog of a thing and I'd feel like a chump for booting it out.

But that Kitchen Aid sure looks good.