The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Finger Lakes "Quick Trip" Recommendations?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Sam Platt

Rank

I am Sam, Sam I am

Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:22 pm

Indiana, USA

Finger Lakes "Quick Trip" Recommendations?

by Sam Platt » Mon May 29, 2006 9:34 pm

I had a call last Wednesday night letting me know that I had to be in Auburn, New York first thing the next morning. Caught a flight which got me to Rochester at 10:30 a.m. and then spent the next 30 hours non-stop in the plant solving a production problem before flying out late Friday. No time for wine tourism. However, it looks like I am going to be headed back in the near future. It will be all business, but I might have brief respite to quickly stop by an Auburn area winery, or at least to pick up a couple of bottles of the local juice. Auburn winery and/or wine shop recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam

"The biggest problem most people have is that they think they shouldn't have any." - Tony Robbins
no avatar
User

Ed Draves

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:15 am

Re: Finger Lakes "Quick Trip" Recommendations?

by Ed Draves » Tue May 30, 2006 6:30 am

You are going to be a little East of many of the wineries but 2 good ones are close at hand. King Ferry just won the Riesling cup at the IEWC and are noted for their Rieslings. The Chardonnay is very good as well. We used to carry Long Point in our store, the wines were very good but with Buffalo being so much closer to other FL wineries, we just didn't get much call for them. If you like sweet "party wine" Long Point's Moon Puppy is sweetened Cab Franc. As far as stores go, I don't know anyone in the area
http://www.cayugawinetrail.com/doc%5C2006_trailmap.pdf
http://www.cayugawinetrail.com