The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Collesanti - Idiotic Question

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Sam Platt

Rank

I am Sam, Sam I am

Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:22 pm

Indiana, USA

Collesanti - Idiotic Question

by Sam Platt » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:52 pm

Much like asking for directions with my wife in the car, I will risk emasculation before the group by asking a question that I should be able to answer through available resources. I can't. So here goes; I have an Italian wine, with an Italian label that says "Marco Capineti - Collesanti". I don't even remember buying the wine, but I can find almost no information about "collesanti". Any information would be appreciated; what is the grape? What foods does it go with? Even the guy at the wine shop knew nothing about it.

Thanks,

PS: Then let's just forget this ever happened. :oops:
Sam

"The biggest problem most people have is that they think they shouldn't have any." - Tony Robbins
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: Collesanti - Idiotic Question

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:19 pm

Sam, beats me as I pull out my 5th Italian wine book! There is some stuff on google but "no parliamo Italiano". No disrespect to all fine Italians tuned in right now. Where is Paulo when we need him?!
no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

by Cynthia Wenslow » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:36 pm

Bob Parsons Alberta. wrote:Where is Paulo when we need him?!

Er. Italy.
no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

by Bob Ross » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:15 pm

Check out this retailer, Sam:

DiWine Trail

Latium

Grapes: Areciprete Bianco Bellone

Collesanti shows a pale straw yellow color and nuances of greenish yellow, very transparent. The nose denotes intense, clean and pleasing aromas which start with hints of peach, pineapple and apple followed by aromas of hazelnut, hawthorn, pear and broom. The mouth has good correspondence to the nose, a crisp attack and however balanced by alcohol, good body, intense flavors. The finish is persistent with flavors of pineapple, peach and apple. Collesanti ages in steel tanks.

Alcohol: 13%
Food match: Sauteed fish, Pasta and risotto with fish and crustaceans, Sauteed white meat

Regards, Bob
no avatar
User

Sam Platt

Rank

I am Sam, Sam I am

Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:22 pm

Indiana, USA

by Sam Platt » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:01 pm

Thanks guys. Definitely a mystery wine. Bob, your info is the most I've come across thus far. Guess I will give it a try and see what happens.
Sam

"The biggest problem most people have is that they think they shouldn't have any." - Tony Robbins