The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Superplonk folds.

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

Superplonk folds.

by Bob Ross » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:12 am

This email just in:

I am the bearer of bad news, I am afraid. I have been forced to concede defeat in my attempts to get the website up and running again. We can, therefore, no longer accept any subscriptions and all subscriptions will be cancelled following this email. I am deeply sorry about this.

This is a huge personal blow to me. Thank you for your support in the past and I have hugely appreciated your patience during this trying time. I shall now go off into a corner, lick my wounds, and forget about tasting wine for a few weeks. After 18 years non-stop you can, perhaps, appreciate that this break is welcome even if the circumstances which have forced it upon me are heart-breaking.

Please reply to this email to request refunds for subscription payments taken over the period the site has been offline.

Best wishes,
Malcolm

He was a distinctive voice, that's for sure.
no avatar
User

Peter May

Rank

Pinotage Advocate

Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:24 am

Snorbens, England

Re: Superplonk folds.

by Peter May » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:46 pm

Bob - did you subscribe to Superplonk?
no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

by Bob Ross » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:52 pm

I did, Peter. An iconoclast for sure.
no avatar
User

Ian Sutton

Rank

Spanna in the works

Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:10 pm

Norwich, UK

by Ian Sutton » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:22 pm

Bob Ross wrote:This email just in:

I am the bearer of bad news, I am afraid. I have been forced to concede defeat in my attempts to get the website up and running again. We can, therefore, no longer accept any subscriptions and all subscriptions will be cancelled following this email. I am deeply sorry about this.

This is a huge personal blow to me. Thank you for your support in the past and I have hugely appreciated your patience during this trying time. I shall now go off into a corner, lick my wounds, and forget about tasting wine for a few weeks. After 18 years non-stop you can, perhaps, appreciate that this break is welcome even if the circumstances which have forced it upon me are heart-breaking.

Please reply to this email to request refunds for subscription payments taken over the period the site has been offline.

Best wishes,
Malcolm

He was a distinctive voice, that's for sure.

I hope he has a lovely long holiday away from writing about wine. A lovely very long holiday. Extremely long in fact and so lovely he has no more desire to write about wine.
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:23 pm

Yeah but Ian I am going to miss his tirade against Krug as he samples and raves over a non-descript cava for $10 US.