The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Special "Steve Edmunds' 60th Birthday" Edition of Sunday Chat Today!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

Special "Steve Edmunds' 60th Birthday" Edition of Sunday Chat Today!

by Cynthia Wenslow » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:06 am

Come join your friends and fellow Forumites as we raise a glass to our own Steve Edmunds on the occasion of his 60th Birthday! A lovely man, entertaining singer/songwriter, and fantastic winemaker. (And happily still years away from retirement age!)

It all gets started at 4 p.m. Eastern, 3 p.m. Central, 2 p.m. Mountain, 1 p.m. Pacific, 2000 GMT, 2200 in Western Europe, 6 a.m. Monday in Sydney and environs, and 8 a.m. in New Zealand.

Click to Enter --> WLDG Chat Room

And hey, we even talk about wine from time to time!
Last edited by Cynthia Wenslow on Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
no avatar
User

David Lole

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:49 am

Canberra, Australia

Re: Special "Steve Edmunds' 60th Birthday" Edition of Sunday Chat Today!

by David Lole » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:18 am

In light of your announcement and the importance of this most auspicious occasion, I'll leave a small quantity of the magnificent Morris Old Premium Tokay I'm working my way through tonight for tomorrow morning's session.

Perhaps I might just tip it over my "Weeties" with a bit of yoghurt thrown in for good measure to make everything more palatable! :roll: :wink:
Cheers,

David
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:51 pm

Why is Steve's birthday so much more important than anyone elses? Has this become an aristocracy? Is Steve promising free wine for birthday shout-outs? (In which case I will wear an ESJ t-shirt all day.) Ithink I might consider pouting all day. :cry:
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

The Third Coast

by Cynthia Wenslow » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:00 pm

Now that we know it's your birthday too, we'll raise a glass to you as well, James! :D I'm all for celebrating everyone's birthdays! (Except mine......)
no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

The Third Coast

by Cynthia Wenslow » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:23 pm

And both Birthday Boys are in the house! Come on by and say hey!
no avatar
User

Lou Kessler

Rank

Doesn't buy green bananas

Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:20 pm

by Lou Kessler » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:30 pm

Tried entering the chat room, never used before how does it operate. I didn't see how I could answer.
Just wanted to say we went to Steve's birthday party yesterday and a great time was had celebrating the birthday of a "great guy".
no avatar
User

Robert Reynolds

Rank

1000th member!

Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:52 pm

Sapulpa, OK

by Robert Reynolds » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:46 pm

So very sorry to have missed the chat, but was involved in painting a rather large ceiling this afternoon. just got finished an hour ago.
Cheers to the birthday guys!
no avatar
User

Doug Surplus

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:17 am

Phoenix AZ

by Doug Surplus » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:00 pm

Sorry I missed it - I was still in in the cool pines at a horse show, rather than hiding in my house from the Phoenix heat! But I'll open a bottle of ESJ something tonight in belated celebration.
Doug

If God didn't want me to eat animals, why did He make them out of meat?
no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

Party Time....Airing The Dirty Linen..

by TomHill » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:56 pm

And that would be the picnic tablecloths that had wine spilled on them!! :-) But...no dancin' on the tables.
Made a trip out there for the BD party Sat. A grand time was had by all. Held in a lovely area of KennedyGrove park in the hills up above Berkeley. Something like about 100+ people there.
A whole honkin' pig was roasted in this neat box...a technology well beyond me.Lots of people brought plenty of food. Mostly the wine was the BoneJolly Rose, the 2006 PinotGris (really/really tasting good these days...and yrs to go), and the '05 Rocks&Gravel...plus a few stranger btls brought by others. Got to see/visit w/ lots of friends, some known only in CyberSpace: Lou&BettyLou Kessler, HokeHarden (first time to meet Hoke...man...is that guy old), Michael&Jill Wild (BayWolf restaurant), David Darlington, LarryStein, Christine Hwang, Traci Michelson, Jim & Carmel Fiolek (head of the SantaBrabara Vintners&Growers Association), Larry Archibald/LauraChancellor. After the food, before the cake, the Shrinkettes (Cornelia is a psychologist)sang a song, accompainied by guitar & harmonica, dedicated to Steve. I'll post the lyrics when I get them in e-form. Steve gave a nice talk/sermon. A few tears were shed.
One of the high points for me was to meet Steve's daughters, Aaron and Heather, and to meet a whole passel of his & Cornelia's grandkids. A bunch of real cuties there.
A grand time was had by all. A very nice BD party for a very special guy...who happens to know a thing or two about making wine.
Tom
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

Re: Party Time....Airing The Dirty Linen..

by Bob Henrick » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:57 pm

Tom, 60 isn't so old, as I am sure you will agree. I had one of these B-Day thingies a couple weeks back, and I "ain't" telling which one. Suffice it to say that I am now the family patriarch, and as crazy as it seems, I am now older than my father lived to be.
Bob Henrick
no avatar
User

OW Holmes

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:57 pm

Grand Rapids, MI

by OW Holmes » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:33 pm

Ditto, Bob. :P
-OW
no avatar
User

SteveEdmunds

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:05 am

Berkeley, CA

by SteveEdmunds » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:15 am

Part of what Tom described as "a sermon" was that I mentioned to one and all that neither of my parents, and only one of my four grandparents lived to be 60 years old, and that if it weren't for what I feel I've learned from Cornelia, and her children and mine, and our grandchildren, I most likely wouldn't have either.
I don't know just how I'm supposed to play this scene, but I ain't afraid to learn...
no avatar
User

John Tomasso

Rank

Too Big to Fail

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:27 pm

Buellton, CA

by John Tomasso » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:39 am

Steve Edmunds wrote:Part of what Tom described as "a sermon" was that I mentioned to one and all that neither of my parents, and only one of my four grandparents lived to be 60 years old, and that if it weren't for what I feel I've learned from Cornelia, and her children and mine, and our grandchildren, I most likely wouldn't have either.

Well, we're glad you decided to stick around. Happy birthday Steve.
"I say: find cheap wines you like, and never underestimate their considerable charms." - David Rosengarten, "Taste"