The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: '89 Meyney

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: '89 Meyney

by Jenise » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:15 pm

I'm glad you were luckier than I was--considering that they botched in some way five or six orders in a row (and like I said, never caught their own mistakes) made me presume the majority of their customers were getting treated the same way I was (like those Pichon Barons I mentioned, not only did they only send one of the three I ordered, without comment, when I sent up the red flag it turned out the other two had already been resold--which is actually two big and separate mistakes on their part and, unfortunately, typical of their disorganization). I can't resist mentioning, though they can't be blamed for this part, in the way that nothing seemed to ever turn out right from them would you believe the singleton Pichon was corked? All that angst for, literally, less than nothing.

Anyway, about Stefan, I wish him well. He's always been a real go-getter--I knew him pre-Napa, when we both lived in Alaska.
no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

by Dale Williams » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:23 pm

Well, maybe I speak too soon, as I think I've only recieved 2 post-Stefan Benchmark orders. We'll see in late Sept/Oct when shipping season.

If not on Stefan's list, you should be: bpwine.com. Keep eying the '88 Lagrange.
no avatar
User

James Dietz

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:45 pm

Orange County, California

by James Dietz » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:35 pm

Dale Williams wrote:
If not on Stefan's list, you should be: bpwine.com. Keep eying the '88 Lagrange.

I hold you personally responsible for all future CC debts.. as I just signed on.. 8)
Cheers, Jim
Previous