The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Where to shop for wine in Oregon?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jim Grow

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:31 am

Rockbridge Ohio

Where to shop for wine in Oregon?

by Jim Grow » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:38 am

My wife and I will be camping, fishing and touring throughout Oregon for the month of September and I know I'll be around Bend, Tillamook and McMinnville but not Portland. Soo, Where are the great places/shops to buy wine in Oregon? I'm not sure we will get into the winery visit thing but may check out a few near McMinnville.
no avatar
User

Isaac

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:08 pm

Corvallis, Oregon

Re: Where to shop for wine in Oregon?

by Isaac » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:52 am

The best place to buy wine in Oregon is directly from the distributor, at wholesale. The only catch is that you must buy at least five gallons at a time. I can't help you with smaller purchases in Bend, Tillamook or McMinnville.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:54 pm

Jim, can't help you with specifics, but my own experience in Oregon is that good Oregon wine is very easy to find and buy. Around McMinneville, there are a number of tasting rooms, and the Safeway grocery stores, which seem to be about everywhere, are upscale and often have fairly impressive wine departments.
no avatar
User

Marc D

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:44 pm

Bellingham WA

by Marc D » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:53 pm

Jim,
Just up the road from McMinnville is Carlton, and the Carlton tasting room. You can try a wide variety of OR Pinot Noir and they have a good selection for sale.

If you pass through Lake Oswego, Wizers Wine has a good selection from around the world (great Italian selection for instance lots of old vintages of single vineyard Produttori Barbaresco and some fine old Riojas).

If you drive from McMinnville to Hillsboro on your way to Tillamook you go right through the heart of the Willamette Valley and any number of wineries.

Best,
Marc