The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

TN: 2004 Ridge Geyserville

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

geo t.

Rank

Cellar cat

Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:01 pm

Day-twah, MI

TN: 2004 Ridge Geyserville

by geo t. » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:40 pm

We were rather late getting to the 2004 Ridge Geyserville (it was released in the fall of ‘06), quite simply because the ’03 sold slowly hereabouts and it didn’t start showing up on shelves until mid-summer. When I finally saw some, I immediately picked one up and a few days later, we took it over to share with our colleagues Brad and Michelle Baker and Brad Cook, and it was quite well received; here're my impressions:

2004 Ridge Geyserville Sonoma, 75% Zinfandel, 18% Carignane, 7% Petite Sirah, 14.9% alc.: Lovely dark color fading to pink at the rim; deep, dark, almost floral Draper perfume, showing subtle sweet oak and hints of lavender, cinnamon and chocolate over black raspberry and blackberry, all following through on the palate with earthy undertones. Full bodied, well structured and balanced, with good length that would last even longer but for the youthful tannins. A 10-15 year wine and more, and classic Geyserville to be sure.

Fortunately, the '05 model won't be the juvenile delinquent around here that this one was, so we'll be trying that one REAL soon...

-from Old Friends & New Faces

Reporting from Day-twah,

geo t.
Nunquam Spuemus