The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

How do you search here?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

John F

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat May 20, 2006 3:50 am

How do you search here?

by John F » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:34 pm

I was looking for some background info/tasting notes on a wine (Peter Michael)

when I type that into the search button at top of page I get tons of responses....noen of which have anythign to do with Peter MIchael

Help PLease?!?
no avatar
User

TimMc

Re: How do you search here?

by TimMc » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:00 am

John F wrote:I was looking for some background info/tasting notes on a wine (Peter Michael)

when I type that into the search button at top of page I get tons of responses....noen of which have anythign to do with Peter MIchael

Help PLease?!?

Personally, I serach by category/forum. Then I look at wine I prefer or topic consideration.

If you are confused by the [unfortunate] "Flat" version of this website, just click on the button which says "flat" and you will get the user friendly "Threaded" version of this website.

Who knows why this site prefers the "Flat" version. I mean, good luck finding anything specific to thread/poster with this format.

I am certain I don't understand it.
no avatar
User

TimMc

by TimMc » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:09 am

BTW, John...most folks here are very friendly and more than willing to help you with your questions/concerns about wine.

Great website, IMHO.
no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

by Dale Williams » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:34 am

Google is indeed better than the builtin search engine.

Among other weaknesses, the search engine doesn't seem to handle typical bound phrase or Boolean parameters (Peter Michael and "Peter Michael" return same results). But you can limit results somewhat by switching from "search for any" to "search for all" terms. But Randy is right mostly it's easier to use Google.