The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2005 Casa Silva Carmenere Reserva

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Sam Platt

Rank

I am Sam, Sam I am

Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:22 pm

Indiana, USA

WTN: 2005 Casa Silva Carmenere Reserva

by Sam Platt » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:31 pm

2005 Casa Silva Carmenere Reserva

Color: Blood red

Nose: Strong nose of coffee, berry and licorice. I served the wine too cold and the nose became even more pronounced as it warmed in the glass.

Taste: Coffee, berries, cherry. licorice. Started tasting nuts and some cough syrup as well. At times it almost seemed that the wine had a ruby port quality about. Long cherry-ish finish. I have not tasted many Carmenere, but this one was quite complex. It did show a bit of mouth drying tannin. I don't have enough experience to know if that would diminish with some age.
Sam

"The biggest problem most people have is that they think they shouldn't have any." - Tony Robbins
no avatar
User

Redwinger

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:36 pm

Way Down South In Indiana, USA

Re: WTN: 2005 Casa Silva Carmenere Reserva

by Redwinger » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:08 pm

Thanks Sam. I see this around locally but have not been motivated to try one. Your note sounds interesting, so I may try a bottle...after the shitty wine weekend I just went through I don't have much to lose :( . IIRC, this is fairly reasonbly priced...$12-$15???
Redwinger
Smile, it gives your face something to do!
no avatar
User

Sam Platt

Rank

I am Sam, Sam I am

Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:22 pm

Indiana, USA

Re: WTN: 2005 Casa Silva Carmenere Reserva

by Sam Platt » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:04 pm

Bill,

I don't remember exactly how much it cost. Probably somewhere around $15. I bought a total of six bottles of different stuff and spent about $140, so none of the bottles was very expensive.
Sam

"The biggest problem most people have is that they think they shouldn't have any." - Tony Robbins