The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Chadds Ford, PA Wineries

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Greg H

Rank

Ultra geek

Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:50 pm

Chadds Ford, PA Wineries

by Greg H » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:29 pm

Has anyone on the forum visited the wineries in the Chadds Ford PA area? If so, how are the tours/tastings? Any preferred ones to visit?

Greg
no avatar
User

David Creighton

Rank

Wine guru

Wed May 24, 2006 10:07 am

ann arbor, michigan

Re: Chadds Ford, PA Wineries

by David Creighton » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:53 pm

chaddsford winery is highly regarded and eric miller - owner/winemaker is a nice fellow. it is certainly the biggest and most successful - been around quite awhile. i'd certainly go there. a friend recently visited paradox and brough back the whitewash white - wine in a paint can - pretty cool actually. wine isn't bad either. its a beautiful area - be sure to visit longwood gardens - esp. if the xmas stuff is still up. i don't know too much about the others. visited twin brook several years ago and liked the wines - but it isn't exactly close.
david creighton
no avatar
User

Lizbeth S

Rank

Wine geek

Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm

Philadelphia, PA

by Lizbeth S » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:12 pm

Chadds Ford Winery is definitely my favorite of the Eastern PA lot. I've been to a couple of the wineries in Bucks County (Crossings and New Hope), but it's been a few years since the last time I've visited. I've been meaning to get back to Crossings because they are always having nice events and I've heard the tastings have really improved. There are quite a few places west of Chadds Ford (i.e. Berks County area), however, they are really hit-or-miss.
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:20 am

Lizbeth S wrote:Chadds Ford Winery is definitely my favorite of the Eastern PA lot. I've been to a couple of the wineries in Bucks County (Crossings and New Hope), but it's been a few years since the last time I've visited. I've been meaning to get back to Crossings because they are always having nice events and I've heard the tastings have really improved. There are quite a few places west of Chadds Ford (i.e. Berks County area), however, they are really hit-or-miss.

I think Chadds Ford is in Delaware County. You should visit the Winterthur (sic) museum across the border in Delaware while you are in the area. Those DuPonts left a rich cultural heritage to the area without all the fuss of Carnegie.
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
no avatar
User

Greg H

Rank

Ultra geek

Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:50 pm

by Greg H » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:32 pm

Thanks all. You have been, once again, very helpful. Much appreciated.

G