The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

I need Therapy...

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Frank Drew

Rank

Wine geek

Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:14 pm

Virginia

Re: I need Therapy...

by Frank Drew » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:44 pm

Mark Lipton wrote:
But the sad reality is that the same person is at the root of both incidents.

Mark Lipton

Details!?! Serge??
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:15 pm

Most likely yes.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

by Bob Henrick » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:20 pm

David M. Bueker wrote:
Bob Henrick wrote:
Jamie, there is nothing I would like better than to see back, those who packed up and went away. But I am not holding my breath waiting for that to happen. Too many wounds I fear. Bear in mind that I am not pointing fingers, but it was an ill wind that blew no good for any of us.

Bob Henrick wrote:At one time I really considering making that my wine forum choice, but thought it was a bit too juvenile for me. Too much or many 4 letter words for my liking and too many posters making newbies feel unwelcome.

Pretty remarkable statements considering you do still do post over there.

It would indeed be good to see everyone back in opne place/community, but calling it an ill wind isn't going to help.

Hello David,
I am not exactly sure of your point(s) here, but since you are quoting me, I am going to assume (assuming is not a good thing ever...but) that you are taking exception of one kind or another with said quotes. (A) Yes, I do post over there, but very infrequently, and I said that I had considered making it my wine forum of choice, so a few posts a year there, and 500+ or more here, and it is clear where my choice is. (B) I honestly can not think of a better phrase for the big blow up (mostly) on Netscape than an ill wind. I don't see that as throwing a barb at anyone, but if anybody considers it a barb thrown in their direction, would only contact me, I would offer an explanation and an apology.
Bob Henrick
Previous