The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Swordfish with Greco and a Colheita

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Saina

Rank

Musaroholic

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Helsinki, Finland

WTN: Swordfish with Greco and a Colheita

by Saina » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:09 pm

I found a some nice Swordfish at the shop today, so I bought a couple steaks for a quiet little dinner with a Port-loving friend of mine. I marinated them in white wine, tomatoes, capers and tarragon and then fried them and used the marinade as sauce:

It was more "brain-food" than following any recipe, but I rather enjoyed the food and (amazingly) so did my friend.

I used Di Majo Norante Greco 2006 (12,5%; 12,86€; Molise) for the marinade and on the table with the dish. And quite a QPR delight it was! Fresh but sweet and pineappley nose. The palate is more dry than the scent would promise, with juicy acidity and a mineral finish. A pretty nice cheap wine!

Sweet toothed that we are, we had two desserts. Krohn Porto Colheita 1976 (20%; 49,90€) Dark brown. The nose is a rather masculine style with some roasted and dark aromatics of coffee, toffee and rancio, but it also has some orange/citrus lift also. Very sweet, but lively on the palate; it is quite acidic for Port and therefore has enough refreshing qualities to make this a very moreish drink despite its sweetness. Quite a lovely drop.

And my friend made a nice pineapple pie also:

... thanks to which I feel 20kg heavier than I did in the morning...

-Otto
I don't drink wine because of religious reasons ... only for other reasons.
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: WTN: Swordfish with Greco and a Colheita

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:20 pm

Nice to see the bookcase has been tidyed up, now looks as organised as that guy on 60 Minutes!!!
no avatar
User

Saina

Rank

Musaroholic

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Helsinki, Finland

by Saina » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:41 pm

Bob Parsons Alberta. wrote:Nice to see the bookcase has been tidyed up, now looks as organised as that guy on 60 Minutes!!!

Lighting requirements forced me to move from a white spot back to the bookshelf as a background. I tidyed it up just for you! :mrgreen:
I don't drink wine because of religious reasons ... only for other reasons.
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:46 pm

Otto Nieminen wrote:
Bob Parsons Alberta. wrote:Nice to see the bookcase has been tidyed up, now looks as organised as that guy on 60 Minutes!!!

Lighting requirements forced me to move from a white spot back to the bookshelf as a background. I tidyed it up just for you! :mrgreen:

Thanks Otto, I forgot to ask if you had thought of a Cab Sauv with swordfish? I had a Kenwood with tuna and it was an inspired choice. Even the waiter was impressed!