The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

post from CT?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Dan Donahue

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:02 pm

IL

post from CT?

by Dan Donahue » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:20 pm

Anyone tried this yet? The import isn't working for me. Here's the note via cut and paste.

* 2002 Ramey Chardonnay Hudson Vineyard - USA, California, Napa Valley, Carneros (1/4/2008)
Rich golden yellow; clear and vibrant. An explosive nose of tropical fruits and white flowers. The oak has integrated nicely leaving a pleasant balance of fruit, honey and acidic backbone. The mouthfeel filled in nicely with some air, and as the wine warmed slightly, alleviating the touch of hollowness and bitter bite I found with the first few sips. Food worthy. Nearing the downslope, so drink up. (91 pts.)
Je ne peux pas le faire
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: post from CT?

by David M. Bueker » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:28 am

Indeed it's broken. I get a "No Post Mode Identified" error from the WLDG when CT tries to post my note.

And I haven't seen any of the '02 Ramey Chards heading for the downslope (even the basic RRV). I'm surprised at your note.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Dan Donahue

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:02 pm

IL

Re: post from CT?

by Dan Donahue » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:17 pm

David, I found the color a bit advanced and I seldom let my CA chards go much beyond vintage plus 6 or 7. Have you found some that will make old bones?
Je ne peux pas le faire