The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

[WTN] Agricola Molino 2004 Dolcetto D`Alba

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

MattThr

Rank

Ultra geek

Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:25 am

UK

[WTN] Agricola Molino 2004 Dolcetto D`Alba

by MattThr » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:04 pm

My local wine shop had a miniature January sale. I was curious to get another sample of Dolcetto while I had the chance (they've only had one in stock of late), and to get £2 off the bottle was just a bonus.

=====

Wine smells of black fruit and oak. On the palate, the fruit flavour blossoms into cherry, plum and almond which are suddenly joined by a surprisingly strong blackcurrant after the wine has sat in the glass awhile. Acid is relatively high but not harsh as it offsets against the natural sweetness of the grape. Tannin is completely unintrusive but must be in there somewhere as the wine has a medium body well capable of carrying it's 14% alcohol.

4/5.

=====

Well made Dolcetto does seem to be an excellent "TV wine". Might see if they've got some more before the sale ends :)
no avatar
User

Ian Sutton

Rank

Spanna in the works

Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:10 pm

Norwich, UK

Re: [WTN] Agricola Molino 2004 Dolcetto D`Alba

by Ian Sutton » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:04 pm

Matt
Is this Mauro Molino? If so, we visited the winery last October amd they seemed a nicely professional family operation. We tasted their 06 Dolcetto amongst others and it seemed nicely in balance with some oak input.
regards
Ian
Drink coffee, do stupid things faster