The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Mike Brenton: Michigan Wine Columnist.

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

OW Holmes

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:57 pm

Grand Rapids, MI

Mike Brenton: Michigan Wine Columnist.

by OW Holmes » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:33 pm

Our friend, Mike Brenton, has become a wine columnist. MoCOOL attendees will remember Mike, or more likely his better half Deborah Cole. For those who haven't met him, Mike leads the fabulously successful Lansing Vintners Club, and his non-snobby approach really comes thru in his first article. It is here:

Mike's "Uncorked" column

And, by the way, he is right about Michigan Rieslings. They can be fabulous.
-OW
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Mike Brenton: Michigan Wine Columnist.

by Robin Garr » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:40 pm

OW Holmes wrote:It is here:

Mike's "Uncorked" column

Congrats to Mike! I've got it bookmarked.

OJ, FYI, the forum software has a problem handling URLs that contain & or ? - accordingly, your link broke through no fault of yours. I took the liberty of editing your post to "embed" the link so it will work.

(Later: REALLY fixed now. I think.)
no avatar
User

OW Holmes

Rank

Wine guru

Grand Rapids, MI

by OW Holmes » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:49 pm

Thanks, Robin. You are really on top of things.
I noticed that Mike has a grand total of 4 postings, so me may miss your congratulatory note!!! We've got to get that boy more involved.
-OW
no avatar
User

Mike Brenton

Rank

Cellar rat

Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:54 pm

East Lansing, MI

by Mike Brenton » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:41 pm

Thanks for the plug, OW. You are right about me posting more, although some of the old timers such as Florida Jim, Bob Henrick, Redwinger and Geo can testify that I have been hanging around longer than four posts. As I get this column up and running I probably will come to this group for topical ideas and input , and even do a column specifically ABOUT WLDG, as I pursue my mission of enhancing fun, education and enjoyment amongst a readership demographic not populated with wine geeks. And I will even do it without run-on sentences as long as the previous one.

Re the link above, there seems to be a problem with the City Pulse web site tonight, so try this URL as an alternative link to the virgin voyage column. http://www.lansingcitypulse.com/index.p ... &Itemid=29

Mike
Mike Brenton
no avatar
User

OW Holmes

Rank

Wine guru

Grand Rapids, MI

by OW Holmes » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:54 am

Hopefully robin will edit the link.
And yes, Mike, I also know you have been around for a lot longer than four posts. But we'd sure like to see more of you.
-OW