The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Sine Qua Non & Trimbach go Indian

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

WTN: Sine Qua Non & Trimbach go Indian

by David M. Bueker » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:11 pm

2006 Sine Qua Non Autrement Dit - USA, California (2/15/2008)
Tasted over the course of an excellent Indian meal (Diamond Palace in Diamond Bar, CA), this rosé has fantastic depth, weight and no trace of alcoholic heat despite the reported 15.6% alcohol. Strawberry and even darker fruits, with a touch of earthy complexity make this not so much a fun rosé, but more of serious drink. Excellent wine.

2001 Trimbach Gewürztraminer Cuvée des Seigneurs de Ribeaupierre - France, Alsace, Alsace AOC (2/15/2008)
Classicially Gewurz, with its rose & lychee aromatics, and unclassicially Trimbach with a touch of noticeable residual sugar, this is a delicious wine that has sufficient weight to stand up to Indian food and yet is not at all heavy or syrupy as Gewurz sometimes can be.

There was also a fine Zweigelt (inexpensive too!!), but I do not have the label details.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

JoePerry

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:07 pm

Boston

Re: WTN: Sine Qua Non & Trimbach go Indian

by JoePerry » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:53 am

David M. Bueker wrote:2006 Sine Qua Non Autrement Dit - USA, California (2/15/2008)
Tasted over the course of an excellent Indian meal (Diamond Palace in Diamond Bar, CA), this rosé has fantastic depth, weight and no trace of alcoholic heat despite the reported 15.6% alcohol. Strawberry and even darker fruits, with a touch of earthy complexity make this not so much a fun rosé, but more of serious drink. Excellent wine.

Neat! Did this come off the list?
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:44 am

Nope - BYOB by a certain "not Lisa, Linda or Laura." Kriss Reed brought the Zweigelt, and I contributed the Trimbach (though Kriss had to pick it up for me).
no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

by Dale Williams » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:18 pm

thanks for Trimbach notes. I tend to like these with a little age, think this one is ok for holding for a few years? I think I only have one.
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:21 pm

I see no reason to worry about holding the Trimbach.