The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

TNs: Typical Tuesday slumming: 1964, 1979, 1982, 1986

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: TNs: Typical Tuesday slumming: 1964, 1979, 1982, 1986

by Robin Garr » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:49 am

Otto Nieminen wrote:p.s. Am I allowed to be a bit pissed off that one of the most fascinating tastings I have been in has seen only 15 views (probably half from me, editing my grammar and spelling) and 0 replies and has slipped to the second page? Don't lesser known, but brilliant and affordable names interest people here?

Otto, of course you're allowed! I'm sorry that post didn't draw more of a crowd, and I can only echo the others in saying that "views" are highly variable and unpredictable and, in my honest opinion, only casually related to the level of interest in a post or the author. Time of day, time of week, post hits when people are busy, post hits amid a flurry of other posts and gets shoved down quickly, and so on. For what it's worth, consider also that posts remain on board indefinitely, show up in Google and eventually are seen by a much larger number of people. And speaking of visitors who find specific posts through Google, bear in mind that unregistered lurkers don't trigger the view meter but may, especially over the long term, represent from 10 to 100 or more times the number of recorded views. Indeed, even the search-enging "bots" themselves don't trigger a view.

So I hope you won't despair, and I can certainly tell you that your notes are appreciated and valued here.
no avatar
User

Nigel Groundwater

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:08 pm

London, UK

Re: TNs: Typical Tuesday slumming: 1964, 1979, 1982, 1986

by Nigel Groundwater » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:39 am

Well I certainly hope to keep reading your notes here and FWIW there are almost 5 times the number of posts in this thread than the same thread in another place you post in. Visits are not shown in that forum but there is normally some correlation between posts and visits.

For a variety of reasons I don't participate there so often anymore so certainly hope you will keep posting here - after all, once TNs are written and a post created you might as well send it to all the forums you inhabit as most members do.
Previous