The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2005 Chateau Larrivaux, Haut Medoc

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: 2005 Chateau Larrivaux, Haut Medoc

by Jenise » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:12 pm

Found this at Costco the other day and got excited, thinking it might be the cheapie 05 Bordeaux that had several here posting positively about. Got it home and found no notes on it here afterall, and notes on Cellar Tracker that were mostly quite negative.

I'm going with the crowd on this one. Seriously grapey on Day One with a vinegar note in the nose. Yuck. Left it in the decanter until tonight, then, and am tasting it now: still not loving it. Unattractive nose that still has a bit of that tutti fruitti grapiness to it, taspberry flavors, no midpalate, short finish with astringent tannins. Have to compare it to young Larose Trintaudons to get a sense of what it should be, and it falls well short of that example. Though it's possible this might turn into something passably interesting for the price with time, I can't see it based on anything I've tasted in the last 24 hours. PASS.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov