The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

TN: Champagne Philipponnat Royale Reserve Brut NV

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

geo t.

Rank

Cellar cat

Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:01 pm

Day-twah, MI

TN: Champagne Philipponnat Royale Reserve Brut NV

by geo t. » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:56 pm

Champagne Philipponnat Royale Reserve Brut NV, 30% Chardonnay, 45% Pinot Noir, 25% Pinot Meunier; Dosage 8 g/L, 12% alc.; $28.80: Popcorn, smoke and semi-ripe apples; vivid acids and effervescence, lots of intense flavor and a fine bubbly to celebrate another Detroit Red Wings Stanley Cup. Love that price, eh? I got the last three.

They're pouring Korbel over each other in the dressing room. Glad we got the good stuff here.

:!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :mrgreen:
Nunquam Spuemus
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

Re: TN: Champagne Philipponnat Royale Reserve Brut NV

by James Roscoe » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:10 pm

Congrats to the Red Wings! I am glad to see you were drinking the "good stuff". Anyone who takes out the snooty Penguins and their fans is okay by me.
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
no avatar
User

geo t.

Rank

Cellar cat

Day-twah, MI

by geo t. » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:30 pm

James Roscoe wrote:Congrats to the Red Wings! I am glad to see you were drinking the "good stuff". Anyone who takes out the snooty Penguins and their fans is okay by me.

Thanks James. There was Chateauneuf du Pape involved as well; will file a report when I have a chance.

:!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :wink:
Nunquam Spuemus
no avatar
User

Bruce K

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:06 pm

by Bruce K » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:23 am

I'm not much of a hockey fan -- also, it's not a sport that I think works very well on television; it's much more fun to see in person -- but I did manage to watch several of the overtime periods Monday night and then much of the game Wednesday. Wow!

I'm surprised you're not wolfing down high blood pressure meds by the jar full after this series. To go into the third (or was it fourth?) overtime only to lose? And then to give up the second goal in the last two minutes and almost have the tying goal go in as the buzzer sounded? My God, your head must have been exploding.

Anyway, glad to see you're drinking the good stuff -- though I'm a bit surprised you didn't start doing shooters of Aquavit in honor of those Swedes.

I am curious, though, because I've never seen you mention it -- do you throw Octopi at the television set whenever the Red Wings score?

As for the Korbel, I always thought hockey players were more Molson's and Labatt's drinkers.
no avatar
User

geo t.

Rank

Cellar cat

Day-twah, MI

by geo t. » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:28 am

Bruce K wrote:I am curious, though, because I've never seen you mention it -- do you throw Octopi at the television set whenever the Red Wings score?

Bruce, both Kim and I feel that the Octopi throwing is despicable. We do not subscribe to pulling a living creature out of the ocean, killing it and then wasting its life in the observance of a misguided heathren tradition.

Just my 2 oz.,
geo
Nunquam Spuemus
no avatar
User

Bruce K

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:06 pm

by Bruce K » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:54 pm

geo t. wrote:Bruce, both Kim and I feel that the Octopi throwing is despicable. We do not subscribe to pulling a living creature out of the ocean, killing it and then wasting its life in the observance of a misguided heathen tradition.

Yeah, better to eat them. Yum!
no avatar
User

Anders Källberg

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:48 am

Stockholm, Sweden

by Anders Källberg » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:06 pm

Bruce K wrote:I'm a bit surprised you didn't start doing shooters of Aquavit in honor of those Swedes.

True! What would you do without 'em? Not win the Stanley Cup, I gather... :wink:
Skål!
Anders