The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Kaesler Avignon 2004

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jay Labrador

Rank

J-Lab's in da house!

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:34 am

Manila, Philippines

WTN: Kaesler Avignon 2004

by Jay Labrador » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:25 am

From Barossa, a blend of 50% Grenache, 30%, Shiraz and 20% Mataro (Mourvedre). Very rich, milk chocolate nose with an underlay of berry fruit syrup and dusty leather. On the palate, spicy, meaty and dry. Full-bodied with high 15.5% alcohol although it manages to avoid being hot. This is now well-balanced, integrated and reasonably soft and therefore ready to drink. The finish is long and dry with persistent bitter cocoa and a slight bump of oak. Very good.
Three be the things I shall never attain:
Envy, content, and sufficient champagne.
no avatar
User

Michael K

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:13 pm

Wellesley, MA, USA

Re: WTN: Kaesler Avignon 2004

by Michael K » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:27 pm

Jay Labrador wrote:From Barossa, a blend of 50% Grenache, 30%, Shiraz and 20% Mataro (Mourvedre). Very rich, milk chocolate nose with an underlay of berry fruit syrup and dusty leather. On the palate, spicy, meaty and dry. Full-bodied with high 15.5% alcohol although it manages to avoid being hot. This is now well-balanced, integrated and reasonably soft and therefore ready to drink. The finish is long and dry with persistent bitter cocoa and a slight bump of oak. Very good.

Jay,

Many thanks for taking time time with these notes! I really enjoyed reading the daily updates and made it feel like I was walking the convention floor!