The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Vinexpo day 3 - Spanish whites and dessert

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jay Labrador

Rank

J-Lab's in da house!

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:34 am

Manila, Philippines

WTN: Vinexpo day 3 - Spanish whites and dessert

by Jay Labrador » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:42 am

Vinexpo day 3 started badly as it rained heavily most of the morning. As a result, I wasn't able to attend the first tasting of the morning (Burgundy and Asian Cuisine, I think) and so settled for a tasting of Spanish whites and dessert wines.

Pazo de Senorans 2007 - From Rias Baixas, 100% Albarino. Very light, dry, fresh, Lots of acid. Good for seafood or a hot day. Otherwise, not too interesting.

Condesa de Eylo 2007 - From Bodegas Val de la Vid. Rueda, 100% Verdejo. Strong nose of guava and passionfruit. Very aromatic. Grape skins texture. Quite long. Very good.

Vallegarcia Viognier 2005 - Woody nose. Soft, silky mouthfeel. Not too interesting.

Miguel Torres Milmanda 2005 - 100% Chardonnay. Mint and orange on the nose. Hint of butter. Well-balanced tension between richness and freshness. Quite dry. Very good.

Jean Leon Terrasola Muscat - No vintage noted. Nice nose. Otherwise, dry, acidic and short. Didn't like this.

La Baronia de Turis Mistela Moscatel de Turis NV - Candied orange. Soft, sweet. Very fine and long. One of the better Moscatels I've tried. Very good.

Gonzalez-Byass Nectar Pedro Ximenez - A wine I'm very familiar with as there's always an open bottle of this at home. Always excellent. Raisins and coffee.
Three be the things I shall never attain:
Envy, content, and sufficient champagne.