The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Lucien Albrecht still delivers with his Pinot Blanc!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Lucien Albrecht still delivers with his Pinot Blanc!

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:45 pm

WTN: `04 Pinot Blanc Reserve, L. Albrecht Alsace.

Notes on this wine/`04 vintage were posted here in late `06 after the Mishy off-line here in Edmonton and there was a good response. Thought it was time to open my last bottle before it starts to go downhill!

Synthetic cork, opened for an hour, served quite chilled for max pleasure (past experiences).

Color. Still a faint yellow which is a surprise to me. Expected more depth?

Nose. Floral, minerally, pineapple, hint of citrus. Very attractive indeed. No gasolein some seem to associate with this grape variety?

Palate. Initial entry thoughts are good acidity, soft, round and has not lost anything since lasted tasted in `06. Maybe a tad more RS?
Still has that waxy feel Mike B noted on, good flavor and depth. Apricot seems to dominate the lengthy finish, citrus and watermelon. Nice wine here, wonder if LA can repeat with recent vintages?
no avatar
User

Richard Fadeley OLD

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue May 09, 2006 10:42 pm

Re: Lucien Albrecht still delivers with his Pinot Blanc!

by Richard Fadeley OLD » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:16 pm

They also make a very nice Cremant d'Alsace Brut & Rose' from the same grape. It's delicious and only about $18.
You may have trouble getting it in Canada, but if can get the L-A Pinot Blanc you should (eventually) be able to get the sparkler too. Good Luck.
Richard Fadeley, CWS
aka Webwineman
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:49 pm

Hi Richard, thanks for your imput. The UK forum is big on the Rose Brut too and I have found a bottle downtown. Pick up tomorrow!
I have the `04 Albrecht PG here but bird survey work/results is keeping me busy today. Next time!
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:17 am

Bob, thanks for the note. I always find this pinot blanc better than most of the others I try. I couldn't say why.
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.