The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2004 Boudin Chablis 1er Cru Fourchaume

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Diane (Long Island)

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:47 pm

WTN: 2004 Boudin Chablis 1er Cru Fourchaume

by Diane (Long Island) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:57 pm

Our son, daughter in law, and 4 month old granddaughter flew in from California on Wednesday night. It is a long travel day in the best of conditions, but there were huge weather related delays, and we didn't get back from picking them up at JFK until 1 AM, so yesterday was a low key, mostly stay at home day.
We still had to eat. Steven got some pizza dough started while I went out to the market and picked up Swiss chard, fresh mozzarella, and goat cheese for what turned out to be a fantastic pizza for lunch. He makes a killer crust.
I was in charge of dinner. Seared scallops with sauteed mixed mushrooms,shallots and fresh herbs from the garden, steamed green beans also from the garden, and mascarpone mashed potatoes with truffle oil. A delicious meal. Our wine was the 2004 Boudin Fourchaume. It started out tight and stern, but slowly opened with a hint of lime. I expected it to be more expressive, and I'm thinking it could be closed at this time. I wish I had some of the 2005s, as I think they could be an earlier drinking vintage. Anyhow, we did manage to enjoy it with the scallops, just not as much without.
Diane