The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

MoCOOL Volunteers Wanted!!!!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

OW Holmes

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:57 pm

Grand Rapids, MI

MoCOOL Volunteers Wanted!!!!

by OW Holmes » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:45 am

MoCool is just around the corner, and in an effort to make this as easy as possible on the organizers - hoping they will do this again - we are again soliciting volunteer help. This is the place to sign up, or if you prefer, drop me a message. I will edit the list from time to time so that all can see what is adequately covered, what more help we need, etc.

========

There will be a few more things to add on food procurement (like picking up tons of good quality baguettes and various breads (in Ann Arbor?) on Saturday morning, so check back here for more information about this task.

Pick up and deliver bottled water to site
-BobH

Ice run
-OW

Setup - Saturday Morning at 10:00 a.m. or later: (Includes: Arrange tasting tables, chairs; Set up tent lights, garbage cans, spit buckets, tasting glasses etc.; Tent decorations and table cloths (an extra packing tape dispenser will help), table signs; Put ice in zip-lock baggies for wine troughs for white wines ... and whatever else Sally Goldberg wants or needs done.
-Mike Conner
-Bob Hendrick
-MikeH and Cindy
-Linda L

Tear-down - Clean up - Sunday: (Includes: Bag all garbage and remove; Wine bottles to be removed and recycled; Fold up chairs and tables and stack; General clean up; Restore site to pre-event state of cleanliness - including scrubbing kitchen, cleaning lodge bathrooms, and removing trash; Put away lights and pack up wine troughs etc
-Bob Stark
-BobH
-Mike Conner
=======

So sign up and let us know how you can contribute to this fantastic event.
Last edited by OW Holmes on Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.
-OW
no avatar
User

Howie Hart

Rank

The Hart of Buffalo

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:13 pm

Niagara Falls, NY

Re: MoCOOL Volunteers Wanted!!!!

by Howie Hart » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:14 pm

A lot of this volunteer work will have to arranged around car pooling from the hotel. I'll be glad to lend a helping hand if I'm where I'm needed when I'm needed. Does that make sense? :?
Chico - Hey! This Bottle is empty!
Groucho - That's because it's dry Champagne.
no avatar
User

OW Holmes

Rank

Wine guru

Grand Rapids, MI

by OW Holmes » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:10 pm

You bet, Howie. I assume we will get some sign-ups who are driving, or being driven, to the site, so check back, and we can solidify this later. Thanks for showing your willingness to help. I was sure you would.
-OW
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

by Bob Henrick » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:45 pm

Howie,

As I have told Sally, I am coming up on Thursday in hopes of being of early help. I figure that Alan will be stocking groceries then, and since I am in my truck I might help out, I will of course help with the setup Sat morning and the tear down on Sunday, just like always. Since I will be there early if there is anything you know that needs doing early, please let me know.
Bob Henrick
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:56 pm

Bob Henrick wrote:Howie,

As I have told Sally, I am coming up on Thursday in hopes of being of early help. I figure that Alan will be stocking groceries then, and since I am in my truck I might help out, I will of course help with the setup Sat morning and the tear down on Sunday, just like always. Since I will be there early if there is anything you know that needs doing early, please let me know.

I will be with Bob, especially for the Sunday clean-up, assuming Bob will drive me over.
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
no avatar
User

Mike Conner

Rank

Ultra geek

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:35 am

Knoxville, TN

by Mike Conner » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:30 am

OW,

Have high hopes to make the trip this year.... just a little work on Friday morning that might make my trip a little slow starting..... that is, if nothing else work-wise gets in my way.

But, if I am there, I was planning on getting over to the site at a reasonable hour on Saturday... probably won't beat BobH, but in enough time that if my Isuzu needs to be a tent post again, it can be. :wink:

Likewise, on Sunday, I am happy to come back out to help get the camp back into shape.

Thanks,

Mike

In search of the perfect QPR wine.... does it exist?
no avatar
User

MikeH

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:07 pm

Cincinnati

by MikeH » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:53 pm

OW,

Cindy and I will arrive Friday afternoon and will be available to help with Saturday setup at least. I imagine Bob and JB will be able to clue us in on what we need to do that day.

Looking forward to seeing you again! Safe travels!
Cheers!
Mike
no avatar
User

OW Holmes

Rank

Wine guru

Grand Rapids, MI

by OW Holmes » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:32 pm

Great Mike. I look forward to seeing the two of you again.
-ow
-OW
no avatar
User

Mike Conner

Rank

Ultra geek

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:35 am

Knoxville, TN

I'm there... almost literally!!

by Mike Conner » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:19 pm

OW,

So, I've signed up, and will send money to Clay tomorrow. I'm also staying at the cabins both Friday and Saturday.... so, other than fighting for a shower, finding a little grub, (and on Sunday, sleeping off a hang-over), I'm good for helping.

Now, just need the work to not come up with something stupid on Friday morning....

Thanks,

Mike

(and, it is er - Conner - not that it matters much)

In search of the perfect QPR wine.... does it exist?
no avatar
User

OW Holmes

Rank

Wine guru

Grand Rapids, MI

Re: I'm there... almost literally!!

by OW Holmes » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:58 am

Mike Conner wrote:
(and, it is er - Conner - not that it matters much)

Oops. Sorry Mike. Correction made. Look forward to seeing you.
-OW
no avatar
User

JC (NC)

Rank

Lifelong Learner

Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:23 pm

Fayetteville, NC

by JC (NC) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:36 pm

I can probably help with Saturday setup. I will have a rental car but would prefer to share taxi rides or bus transport after the drinking on Saturday so will have to see what transportation possibilities arise. Possibly, I could come at 10:00 to help--return to Best Western and leave my car, and arrive again for the afternoon with shared transport.
no avatar
User

OW Holmes

Rank

Wine guru

Grand Rapids, MI

by OW Holmes » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:55 pm

bump
-OW