The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: A very nice Pinot Bianco (Lageder Haberle 2007)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Saina

Rank

Musaroholic

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Helsinki, Finland

WTN: A very nice Pinot Bianco (Lageder Haberle 2007)

by Saina » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:09 pm

Alois Lageder Pinot Bianco "Haberle" 2007 12,5% abv; 15,92€

This has an uncommonly informative back-label: From the vineyard "Haberlehof"; Location: Buchholz - Pochi; altitude sea level 450m / 1500ft; age of vines 15-40 years, harvest date 1.-5.09.2007; yield 55ha/hl; production 19,300 bottles. The 2005 that was available here was called Haberlehof, which is logical since that is the vineyard, so why is the 2007 labeled only Haberle?

Whatever the reason for the name change, the wine is just as lovable as the 2005 (maybe more so). A very pure nose, with all of that apple aroma that I read the grape should have, and with much minerality. Elegant, light but intense, the acidity carries the rocks and fruit on its back and runs for a long stretch, though the rocks do get to it towards the end. But I do love a mineral finish.

-O
I don't drink wine because of religious reasons ... only for other reasons.
no avatar
User

Bill Hooper

Rank

Wine guru

Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:46 am

McMinnville, OR

Re: WTN: A very nice Pinot Bianco (Lageder Haberle 2007)

by Bill Hooper » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:30 pm

Otto,

Thanks for the note. It is no surprise that Lageder is amoung my favorite producers in the South Tirol. I have no Idea why the 'hof' is left off the label, but those Lageder labels are sure gettin' fancy these days! You have done a great service in reminding me that I need to drink more Lageder, and Hofstätter (or is it now just 'stätter?) and Niedermayer. OM?

-Bill
Wein schenkt Freude
ITB paetrawine.com