The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Mid-Week Chat Tonight!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

Mid-Week Chat Tonight!

by Cynthia Wenslow » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:12 am

How is your week going? Recovered from MoCOOL yet? Have you had time to relax and share a glass with loved ones at the end of the day? Any cooking going on at your place?

Whatever is happening in your world, please join us for the regular WLDG Mid-Week Chat and De-stressing Session! Fun and frivolity for all!

Things get started at 9:30 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time, 8:30 p.m. Central, 7:30 p.m. Mountain, 6:30 p.m. Pacific, 0130 Thursday GMT, some truly horrible hour in the middle of the night in Europe and Israel, 10:30 a.m. Thursday in Tokyo, 11:30 a.m. Thursday in Sydney and environs, and 1:30 p.m. Thursday in New Zealand.

Right Click to Enter --> WLDG Chat Room

Pull up a chair and pour a glass of something good. We'd love to see you! :D

(Work is crazy busy for the next few weeks, but I'll at least drop in and say hey!)
no avatar
User

Daniel Rogov

Rank

Resident Curmudgeon

Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:10 am

Tel Aviv, Israel

Re: Mid-Week Chat Tonight!

by Daniel Rogov » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:25 pm

Cynthia Wenslow wrote: some truly horrible hour in the middle of the night in Europe and Israel,

Indeed the middle of the night here but Tel Aviv prides itself on being "the city that never sleeps". Even at that ungodly hour (04:30) if I so chose, I could easily stroll to any number of cafes, bars, pubs, restaurants, fast-food joints, discos or whatever else I wanted or did not want.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:49 pm

Cynthia Wenslow wrote:(Work is crazy busy for the next few weeks, but I'll at least drop in and say hey!)

I still have a meds thing that knocks me out early, but we're going to the ball game tonight (just a coule more weeks of season for the minors :( ), so I should be able to make at least a cameo before I disappear ...
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:24 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Cynthia Wenslow wrote:(Work is crazy busy for the next few weeks, but I'll at least drop in and say hey!)

I still have a meds thing that knocks me out early, but we're going to the ball game tonight (just a coule more weeks of season for the minors :( ), so I should be able to make at least a cameo before I disappear ...

Our local team - Bowie Baysox - ends their season on the road. Minor league baseball is so much better than major league ball. It's very family oriented and easy on the pocket book. (In other words, it's conservative! :mrgreen: )
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
no avatar
User

Robert Reynolds

Rank

1000th member!

Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:52 pm

Sapulpa, OK

by Robert Reynolds » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:56 pm

Daniel Rogov wrote:
Cynthia Wenslow wrote: some truly horrible hour in the middle of the night in Europe and Israel,

Indeed the middle of the night here but Tel Aviv prides itself on being "the city that never sleeps". Even at that ungodly hour (04:30) if I so chose, I could easily stroll to any number of cafes, bars, pubs, restaurants, fast-food joints, discos or whatever else I wanted or did not want.

So Tel Aviv is like Las Vegas in that regard. Tulsa, OTOH, rolls up the sidewalks at 9:00 pm.
ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

by Bob Henrick » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:40 pm

Robert Reynolds wrote:So Tel Aviv is like Las Vegas in that regard. Tulsa, OTOH, rolls up the sidewalks at 9:00 pm.

They roll them up early here too on Wednesday Robert. I rise at 5 am on Thursday - Sun, so I get to bed early as well. I will look in for a few short minutes tonight, very short minutes.
Bob Henrick
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:41 pm

Bob Henrick wrote:They roll them up early here too

Bars close here from 4 a.m. to 6 a.m. ... fortunately, quite a few eateries on the nightspot strips stay open so people can get nutrition during the gap. ;)
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:39 pm

Our poor dear Chat Princess is so busy today that she doesn't even have time to post the chat announcement. She needs a strong labor union!

Meanwhile, though, I'm helping out by making last week's announcement "sticky" again. This should do the trick. :)
no avatar
User

Stuart Yaniger

Rank

Stud Muffin

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:28 pm

Big Sky

by Stuart Yaniger » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:39 pm

I thought it looked awfully familiar. :mrgreen:
"A clown is funny in the circus ring, but what would be the normal reaction to opening a door at midnight and finding the same clown standing there in the moonlight?" — Lon Chaney, Sr.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:07 pm

I don't think I can make it, gang ... DSL is down, and the iPhone won't do Chat. I'll be there, maybe late, if I can get it working. :(
no avatar
User

Carl Eppig

Rank

Our Maine man

Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:38 pm

Middleton, NH, USA

by Carl Eppig » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:15 am

I was actually thinking about it and then our power went out at 9:30 for three hours. Still don't know why. The generator doesn't cover the puter.