The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Clarification: Offline with Maria Samms

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Covert

Rank

NOT David Caruso

Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:17 pm

Albany, New York

Clarification: Offline with Maria Samms

by Covert » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:50 am

It came to my attention that some of the Forum members thought my recent Morristown offline recounting was made up. The piece might have appeared unusual because I thought it would be fun to turn a typical offline focus inside-out to feature the prime subject of its enjoyment for me, Maria’s company, and make the wine an adjuvant of that pleasure, rather than recite a typical model where the ambient atmosphere accentuates appreciation of the wine absorbed.

Hopefully this explanation will not appear so blasphemous, or whatever, to get it deep six’ed before it hangs around long enough to lend credence to my original post’s integrity by the fact that this follow-up does not get refuted either directly by Maria, or through her communication with Robin, who could then confute it in her stead, should it be fictitious.

I obviously do not mind being thought of as eccentric, but I admit that I do not like to be considered a liar, especially, potentially, by group members with whom I have interacted in the spirit of truth for more than 10 years.
no avatar
User

David Creighton

Rank

Wine guru

Wed May 24, 2006 10:07 am

ann arbor, michigan

Re: Clarification: Offline with Maria Samms

by David Creighton » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:58 am

and here i thought the post disappeared because of my overly 'male' wowing at the photo. i thought maybe we had both offended maria. i sincerely hope not.
david creighton
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:59 am

Hi, Covert ...

Just to clear the air here, nobody that I know of has called you a liar. You're a long time regular. Okay, you're lovably eccentric. ;) But I don't think you'd make something up.

I will say that when the post of which you speak appeared, both Cynthia and I wondered whether it was, um, appropriate, not so much because of its sensuous nature as because of its personal nature. We wondered whether Maria knew about it before it was posted, and if she did not, whether she would be embarrassed by it. I did not speak to Maria, but Cynthia did, and upon her guidance, Cynthia and I decided that it would be best to remove your post.

No harm, no foul. And you, sir, are not a liar. :)
no avatar
User

Covert

Rank

NOT David Caruso

Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:17 pm

Albany, New York

by Covert » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:13 am

Robin Garr wrote: I did not speak to Maria, but Cynthia did, and upon her guidance, Cynthia and I decided that it would be best to remove your post.

Thanks, Robin. I misconstrued the reason. I posted the piece on a Friday and returned on Monday to find it gone. While I still understand that there were possibly a couple of Forum members who thought I made the story up, the reason it was taken off was for the one you gave.

There can be growth from resistance. Having thought about the idea of being offended by the thought of someone thinking I was lying, I no longer seem to have a problem with it. By just focusing on the idea, the energy that was behind it appears to be gone. It’s funny how you can carry around a certain emotional predisposition for decades and suddenly it can just be gone.

Thanks again,

Covert
no avatar
User

Maria Samms

Rank

Picky Eater Pleaser

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:42 pm

Morristown, NJ

by Maria Samms » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:23 am

Hey all,

I just wanted to chime in here and say that I was not at all offended by Covert's OP, and David's comment (it fact it's all very flattering). And I also wanted to make it clear, that Covert and I did have an off-line at Pierre's where we shared a wonderful bottle of 2003 Cantenac Brown Margaux.

The post was very personal in nature indeed and I did agree to it's deletion...but again, I would like to emphasize I was not offended. (I would have been offended if Covert said I was horrible company and David commented that he never wanted to see another picture of me again...LOL!).

Anyway, I am glad that it seems to be resolved...no hard feelings here.
"Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance" -Benjamin Franklin
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:49 am

Maria Samms wrote:Anyway, I am glad that it seems to be resolved...no hard feelings here.

Thanks, Maria! Works for me! I love all you guys! <sob> Round of beers for the house!