The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: David's Duval

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

WTN: David's Duval

by David M. Bueker » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:50 am

What better way to alleviate jet lag than to drag one's boddy down the the hotel restaurant for some alcohol. :wink:

I was pleasantly surprised to find a feature of Duval-Leroy Champagnes available. I didn't spring for the top end bottlings (14 pounds for a glass of wine was a bit steep), but the entry stuff was quite good:

N.V. Duval-Leroy Champagne Collection "Paris" - France, Champagne (10/1/2008)
Bright, light, full of apples and citrus. Not complex, but very enjoyable as an aperitif.

N.V. Duval-Leroy Champagne Rosé de Saignée - France, Champagne, Côte des Blancs, Champagne (10/1/2008)
About the color of cooked salmon (that light pink) but showing nothing else that could be construed as cooked. It's full of red berries and orange citrus flavors. There's a lot of material here, so I am sure it could be laid down for a bit, but I don't see why, as it's mighty tasty now.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

Re: WTN: David's Duval

by James Roscoe » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:58 am

Isn't the THE prescription? Was this in France or Britain? As always it's a pleasure to read your descriptions.
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:49 pm

James Roscoe wrote:Isn't the THE prescription? Was this in France or Britain? As always it's a pleasure to read your descriptions.

Since he said 'pounds', must be Britain.

But to David: I love Duval wines. The Paris bottling is a friend's house bubbly and always good, and the Saignee is one not seen often here but we once owned two bottle of which we drank one right away--plenty delicious--and the other two years later, where it had acquired volumes of additional character. Must more than I would have expected in that amount of time. So that's why--lay these down!
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:51 pm

I forget Britain isn't using Euros. I read the pounds and missed the money reference. I thought he was putting on weight. :oops: :roll:
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:42 pm

James Roscoe wrote:I thought he was putting on weight. :oops: :roll:

That too...business travel. :roll:
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

James Dietz

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:45 pm

Orange County, California

by James Dietz » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:07 pm

The D-L's are all fun, tasty wines at reasonable prices for champers, even the vintage bottlings. The Paris has the added bonus of being in a very cool bottle. Its like an apple martini without the fru fru. Not quite our house champagne, but very close. D-L Brut is the house champers... at less than $25 on sale...

Never seen the Rose.
Cheers, Jim