The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Jamet - 1991 - Cote Rotie

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jeff_Dudley

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:46 am

SoCal

WTN: Jamet - 1991 - Cote Rotie

by Jeff_Dudley » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:13 pm

It's harder for me to describe something that really just defines what you like, than it is to critique a surprisingly good or disappointing bottle. A birthday warm-up with dear friends.

Color - medium, not burple (house name for black-purple) at all anymore
Nose - near perfection for me, I don't have the words. Suggest your own favorite Northern Rhone blather. It's there.
Palate - yep, this is what I like. Too many good things. Finishes very long, conveniently prolonging this treat.

Don't tell David B that we sent the remainders home with the neighbors; it's too embarassing that two drinkers couldn't finish one bottle, but with my favorite homemade cake waiting nearby, I had to stop.
Last edited by Jeff_Dudley on Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"No one can possibly know what is about to happen: it is happening, each time, for the first time, for the only time."

James A. Baldwin
no avatar
User

Redwinger

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:36 pm

Way Down South In Indiana, USA

Re: TN: Jamet - 1991 - Cote Rotie

by Redwinger » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:27 pm

Jamet Rocks!!
Smile, it gives your face something to do!
no avatar
User

Rahsaan

Rank

Wild and Crazy Guy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm

New York, NY

Re: WTN: Jamet - 1991 - Cote Rotie

by Rahsaan » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:09 pm

Nice.

Jeff_Dudley wrote:Don't tell David B that we sent the remainders home with the neighbors; it's too embarassing that two drinkers couldn't finish one bottle, but with my favorite homemade cake waiting nearby, I had to stop.

What does finishing the wine have to do with cake! If anything, the cake should soak up all that extra wine. Perfect synergy :wink:
no avatar
User

Tim York

Rank

Wine guru

Tue May 09, 2006 2:48 pm

near Lisieux, France

Re: WTN: Jamet - 1991 - Cote Rotie

by Tim York » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:44 am

Jeff_Dudley wrote: it's too embarassing that two drinkers couldn't finish one bottle, but with my favorite homemade cake waiting nearby, I had to stop.

If it had been us two, we would have had a hard time resisting opening a second bottle of such a delicious wine! And we would have honoured the homemade cake as well.
Tim York