The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: A couple of cheap but nice wines

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jim Grow

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:31 am

Rockbridge Ohio

WTN: A couple of cheap but nice wines

by Jim Grow » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:51 pm

2004 Oriel "Courant" Cote du Rhone, for $13 this Rhone cheapie was great with lots of black and especially red raspberry flavors and little or no pepper. I tried to buy more but all sold out. Will look for the 2005.

2006 Leitz Dragonstone for $12 was also very fine with excellent acidity and some peach and apricot flavors. I thought I was getting the Parker 90 but that was the 07 which I will look for this late week in D.C. I have a case of this waiting for me at the Party source. Both wines came from the Party Source.

2004 Jade Mt. Provencal, also from the Party source and more expensive at $20 but probably the best version of this wine I have tasted. Very full of dark jammy fruit and a bit of dusty earthyness. Very enjoyable. Maybe I can find this wine in D.C. for a bit less.
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

Re: WTN: A couple of cheap but nice wines

by Bob Henrick » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:53 pm

Jim,

Bear in mind that prices paid for wines at the Party Source in Bellevue Ky is tax included. Most places add the sales tax into the listed prices. I am just pointing this out in case any wine is a little cheaper elsewhere. BTW, I have no vested interest in the PS except as a satisfied customer.
Bob Henrick