The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Cedarville Grenache ElDorado '03...(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: Cedarville Grenache ElDorado '03...(short/boring)

by TomHill » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:19 am

Cracked this last night w/ my lasagna:
1. CedarvilleVnyd {Grenache} ElDorado (EB; http://www.CedarvilleVineyard.com; 15.1%) 2003: Med.dark color w/ slight bricking; rather earthy/dusty slight strawberry/Grenache/fragrant slight Rhonish/CdP/licorice nose; soft earthy/dusty light strawberry/Grenache/Rhonish light toasty/oak some Rhonish/CdP flavor; med.long slight tannic earthy/licorice light strawberry/Grenache finish; at its peak or slightly beyond.
1. This wine when we got it was loaded w/ exhuberent strawberry/Grenache fruit & that slightly earthy/mushroomy ElDorado character. It's lost most of that primary fruit and is showing much more Rhonish character, like a Fonsalette or Pignan; like a very good CdR or a lightweight CdP. Cedarville...top-notch wines at a very fair price.
Tom
no avatar
User

James Dietz

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:45 pm

Orange County, California

Re: WTN: Cedarville Grenache ElDorado '03...(short/boring)

by James Dietz » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:51 pm

Had my last bottle of this last year about this time. One of the wineries from which I buy something every year, partly due to the price, but also due to consistently good quality. I have found the Cabs, with a bit of age, to be better than good... excellent even.
Cheers, Jim
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: Cedarville Grenache ElDorado '03...(short/boring)

by Jenise » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:17 pm

James Dietz wrote: I have found the Cabs, with a bit of age, to be better than good... excellent even.

I loved the cabs when we visited the winery last month: very dusty, Haut-Medoc like.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov