The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Anyone use this internet wine retailer?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jim Grow

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:31 am

Rockbridge Ohio

Anyone use this internet wine retailer?

by Jim Grow » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:15 pm

Internet Wines and Spirits in Illinois has some nice prices and is nearby to Ohio. Anyone out there use this retailer?
no avatar
User

Matt Richman

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:16 pm

Brooklyn, NY

Re: Anyone use this internet wine retailer?

by Matt Richman » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:58 pm

I ordered a mixed case from them about 3 years ago. Had no problems at the time.
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

by Bob Henrick » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:08 pm

Jim Grow wrote:Internet Wines and Spirits in Illinois has some nice prices and is nearby to Ohio. Anyone out there use this retailer?

Jim, I don't see anything particularly enticing in their prices. When I want to order via online, I generally do it from Chambers street in NYC, and from Schneiders of Capitol Hill in DC.
Bob Henrick
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:14 pm

Bob - Schneiders is not even close to competitive with many internet retailers.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Michael K

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:13 pm

Wellesley, MA, USA

by Michael K » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:26 am

Bob,

I've ordered from Schneiders a few times and I would also add that their availability is 50/50. Half the times the wines I want are no longer available. They don't seem to update their sites as often.
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Lexington, Ky.

by Bob Henrick » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:31 am

David M. Bueker wrote:Bob - Schneiders is not even close to competitive with many internet retailers.

David, would you either here, or in PM give me a list of internet retailers that you use, and that would ship to Kentucky. That last is my real problem with shipping. Thanks.
Bob Henrick
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Lexington, Ky.

by Bob Henrick » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:35 am

Michael K wrote:Bob,

I've ordered from Schneiders a few times and I would also add that their availability is 50/50. Half the times the wines I want are no longer available. They don't seem to update their sites as often.

Michael, I began using Schneiders about a year ago because they had the Ch. Tahbilk marsanne in stock, and they will ship to where I am. So, yes, they aren't the least expensive, but the last 2 cases of the marsanne I ordered cost me about $13 per bottle, plus $25 shipping, which is $15 total. Where do you order from on the internet?
Bob Henrick
no avatar
User

Michael K

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:13 pm

Wellesley, MA, USA

by Michael K » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:44 pm

Bob Henrick wrote:

Michael, I began using Schneiders about a year ago because they had the Ch. Tahbilk marsanne in stock, and they will ship to where I am. So, yes, they aren't the least expensive, but the last 2 cases of the marsanne I ordered cost me about $13 per bottle, plus $25 shipping, which is $15 total. Where do you order from on the internet?

Bob,

I live in Massachusetts where there are still some very archane laws on shipping. There are a few that I use and some I really like

(1) JJ Buckley (through Mike Supple) is very good
(2) MW Sales LLC, Fine Vintage Wine (http://www.mwwinesales.com) is great to work with
(3) Vinofolio is good
(4) Zachy's is good and fast and the packaging is great but they are not the cheapest. I only buy from them when they are on sale.

I also purchase through Schneider and they do ship to me and they are good. Only suggestion there would be for them to update their list more frequently.

The first two are my fav's and both are excellent to work with and have reasonable prices.

Hope this helps.
no avatar
User

Jim Grow

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:31 am

Rockbridge Ohio

by Jim Grow » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:10 pm

Thanks all for the comments. I ordered a 1/2 case from Internet wines & Spirits and will see how that goes.
no avatar
User

ChefJCarey

Rank

Wine guru

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:06 pm

Noir Side of the Moon

by ChefJCarey » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:01 pm

Bob Henrick wrote:

These people always treated me well, Bob.

http://www.brownderby.com/wines.php?ASA ... SPrice=%3A

Also, try Wine Commune. I've both bought and sold wine there.
Rex solutus est a legibus - NOT